What are the Superhost benefits?

Answered!
Luke141
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

What are the Superhost benefits?

Hi folks,

I'm just looking for some clarity, apart from getting a special badge is there any other direct benefits/advantages of being a 'superhost', or is it just the badge and the fact people are more likely to think you're special? 🙂

Cheers folks,
Luke

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@David1873

David there is a search filter which limits ones search to only show Superhosts listings and this filter is being used more and more by experienced users.

Superhost filter.png

As you know Superhosts only have that status because they don't cancel reservations and have been proven to give a more satisfactory guest experience.

In general Superhosts listings will be given preference on search pages but, we now have the situation where 'Plus' listings are receiving preferential placement despite a considerable number of Plus hosts NOT meeting Superhost criteria. It is looking like Plus hosts have bought their way to the head of the queue....not earned it!

David another aspect comes into play here! The algorithm that governs search placement responds to.....'activity'...the more activity on your site, the higher your listing will display in search pages. Now, activity does not just mean bookings, it pays to continually keep something happening on your page. Change or add to a house rule, change a picture or two around, or add a couple. Put the price up a dollar one day, and then down a dollar the next. Get a few friends to hit the contact host button and put in a date....it doesn't commit anyone to anything but, it all counts as activity and the more you can keep something happening, the more prominent your listing will be displayed!

Hope this helps.

Cheers.....Rob

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Santi11
Level 2
Clarens, South Africa

Got my $100 voucher last year October and spent it a month later staying in a lovely house with big garden in Jhb. Only posting this so I can see what Level appears under my name - can't seem to find it anywhere else??

Santi11
Level 2
Clarens, South Africa

Oh darn it. It only refers to your chatting activity on the forum, not to your superhost or any other status.