When companies do booking

Answered!
Robert-Dave0
Level 2
Burträsk, Sweden

When companies do booking

Hi all, I hope this will get some attention because I really have problems every time a company makes a booking. It’s really frustrating because the person who book from a company does not pass on house rules to their employees, rendering the employees who comes here clueless about wherever or not this accommodation has house rules or not. The employees that is sent here by the company newer get to know anything about house rules and I had incidents here where the company booking person claims in after time that they didn’t know there was rules.

In short, the Airbnb system does not point out strong enough that there is rules, this has to be made better, Airbnb must force the company to read the rules and then force the company employees into knowing that this accommodation has house rules.

I have most of my bookings from companies and everyone from a company do newer follow house rules, ever. Not one time has a company’s employees ever followed any house rules and when they are confronted by me, they claim they didn’t know anything about house rules.

This must change because it is very stressful for me to always be worried about the employees staying here.

Airbnb must somehow demand that the employees must be filled in as an obligatory requirement by the booking company so that the house rules are sent out to the employees without any doubt that they have read it.

Airbnb must come up with a clever way to enforce that a company can not finish their booking unless the employees is filled in with name, phone number and email and perhaps even create an house rule app that the employees must install and be verified to have installed before the company can finish the booking.

I really am one of the following after a company checks out: Pissed off or frustrated or both at same time.

Because the companies don’t follow house rules, I have to guard them and interfere with them, instructing them and so on.

So in short I have to babysit the guest’s every time a company books my village.

There must be a way to solve this? Yeah I have house rules printed on paper many places in my accommodation but they don’t seem to take the time to look at it.

There was a time I had 2 long term bookings from same company, they broke or didn’t follow the rules both times, even though I had written to the company and informed them many times about house rules, the company did newer message their employees to tell them about house rules. That is of course annoying enough and this must somehow be addressed by stricter regulations for companies. And or more clever ways to enforce them to read and accept house rules before booking.

1 Best Answer
Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Robert-Dave0 

This is a very legitimate concern. We were years ago approached by a company which wanted to book in advance for to be determined top salespeople as a reward. We were concerned that these people would not be identified to us in advance of arrival, so that we could advise them of our rules and amenities. The company did not consider that this concern of ours was important, so we declined to participate. We believe we "dodged a bullet" by being proactive. Our concern was about rules  in general as well as overloading, parking, noise, plumbing, and parties.  If you are having issues with these guests, I'd recommend (based on experience) that you personally visit with that booking company, about this situation, to investigate a potential solution. 

Best of luck, do please let us know what happens

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Robert-Dave0 

This is a very legitimate concern. We were years ago approached by a company which wanted to book in advance for to be determined top salespeople as a reward. We were concerned that these people would not be identified to us in advance of arrival, so that we could advise them of our rules and amenities. The company did not consider that this concern of ours was important, so we declined to participate. We believe we "dodged a bullet" by being proactive. Our concern was about rules  in general as well as overloading, parking, noise, plumbing, and parties.  If you are having issues with these guests, I'd recommend (based on experience) that you personally visit with that booking company, about this situation, to investigate a potential solution. 

Best of luck, do please let us know what happens