Your listing is at risk of being temporarily suspended

Simon678
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Your listing is at risk of being temporarily suspended

The information entered by the guest is incorrect, there is nothing wrong with the location or listing description and information.

Guest was unhappy due to one of the fans breaking down which we requested an engineer to visit immediately, but unfortrunatley it took a couple of days for them to attend and fix the issue.

The guest was unhappy there was no AC, but we don't claim to have AC and therefore are listing is correct and we should be treatened by AIrbnb about being suspended.

3 Replies 3

Hi @Simon678 

This is part of Airbnb's new policy regarding 3-star reviews. Looks like the guest was complaining more that it took several days to repair the ceiling fan, as operating fans would be important if you don't have AC - hence the 3-star review. Just be sure you don't have another 3-star review soon. I would put a system in place to ensure ceiling fans are all working properly before a guest checks in; especially considering you don't have AC in a very hot climate area. If you aren't able to do this yourself, then you may need to pay someone to do this for you.

Of course, just because the fans were working when inspected before a guest checks in, doesn't mean they won't stop working during the stay. As a precaution, I would invest in some portable fans for guests to use just in case this happens again.

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

I think the guest is justified in docking marks for the repair taking 2-3 days to address. To be fair, even if the repair is instant, it already results in a lesser experience for the guest.

In the future, it would be a good idea to offer a partial refund for any issues that causes discomfort for guest(s). 

Also, with an average high temperature of 28C, it may be a good idea to install an A/C to improve the living conditions for future guests.

Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Simon678 

I think the problem here is that many travelers may simply assume that accommodation in Dubai will be air-conditioned. So you were technically correct if you did not tick air conditioning on the amenities list, but it's likely that many guests don't specifically notice that and assume that it will be there. When the fan then also broke, it became a real issue for the guest. You need to avoid bad reviews for a while, so it may be safe to specifically draw attention to the fact that there's no air conditioning. It would be even better if you could perhaps have it installed (at least in the bedroom) and thereby solve the issue.