Listing not showing in search results until zoomed all the way in

James4029
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

Listing not showing in search results until zoomed all the way in

Hey all, thanks for reading. This problem is seriously impacting my visibility on the platform, and wanted to reach out here to see if anyone else was having a similar issue. I have verified with support that there are no 'red flags' on my account that would impact my listings.

The issue I am experiencing is that my listings are not showing up in the search pages on the app or website until I am zoomed into the maximum zoom level over my listings. Previously and for many years my listings were in the first 5 pages when searching in my city. In fact, they were commonly found within the first three pages of search results for my city (Tucson Arizona).

I have had my listings for many years, so this doesn't appear to be an issue with a new listing, or new listing promotion.

When I am logged into my account the listings appear normally distributed within the search on the first few pages, but when I use a logged out incognito tab they do not appear in the search listings at all unless I am maximally zoomed in to my listing. They aren't even in the first 15 pages! This is different than before, where the incognito tab would still find my listings in the first few pages. Based on that, I believe that other users who are looking for my listing have the same result and can not find my listing unless zoomed all the way in.

This began happening near the start of May (5/2024) and has continued to be a problem.

Typically 400-500 was my average page view, and now its plummeted to 70 because of this change to how the listings are shown.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Has anyone else's listings views suddenly declined since then?

I understand that the search listings must be represented fairly, and I can not control directly the ranking algorithm. This change from first few pages to not even being listed until I am zoomed all the way in strikes me as a bug or incorrect data. For example, if I had let my listings degrade to 2 or 3 stars, I would expect a sharp decline in visibility, but no such thing has happened.

To me, this appears to have started when I allowed the AI helper to organize my photos... But that could be a coincidence.

I would appreciate any help, or how to express this to support in a way that will get results. Commonly, my issue gets misinterpreted as a host being unsatisfied with the ranking of their listing, which is not my point.

Has the ranking algorithm changed around that time period? If so, how has it changed?

Again, the interface shows me the 'right' results when logged in, but not otherwise. The dramatic difference where previously there was none has me distressed and losing money.

Any help appreciated.

0 Replies 0