disappointment

Home-In-Budapest0
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

disappointment

Unfortunately, we have encountered Airbnb's illegal decisions several times.

Last time a guest booked our apartment for 3 months with a 60% discount. He arrived and one week later he wrote to the Airbnb that there was a very bed smell in the apartment and he wants refund. After that he sent you some photos of the dirty mattress. Based on these Airbnb found the guest's complaint to be justified and they made a decision to send him back all the money, and we can keep only the 50% for this 1 week. The Airbnb did not ask our opinion, the did not care what we say, only what the guest said. Although we sent for the Airbnb all the conversation what we had with the guest from the beginning.
The mattress and the apartment was clean when the guest arrived and in this 1 week what he spent there we were in touch and we were there more times. And he did not complain at all because of the smell or dirt! After 1 week suddenly the mattress became dirty and the apartment smelly. He took the photos 1 week after his checkin and the Airbnb accepted them as evidence and proof of the refund. We suppose he found a cheaper apartment or something like that, he made the mattress dirty , because he knew the proceedings of the Airbnb.
In vain we asked teh Airbnb so-called "AMBASSADOR", how is it possible to accept the photos what were taken one week after his arrival and his complain about the cleaness- I have never received an answer! They don't care at all what we say or what we send as our evidence. Whenever there was a problem with guests, they are always on the guest side!
Another story: a German boy booked one of our studio apartments for 2 persons 2 years ago . One week before his arrival he wrote us that he would like to cancel his reservation for free. We answered that it is impossible. After that he wrote, that 7 (!!!!) persons will stay in the apartment- We wrote him, that it is impossible, because at first the apartment is not available for 7 guests and secondly theirs reservation was for 2. BUt he just kept writing that 7 persons will come. He/they didn't arrive, but next day he wrote for the Airbnb that last night we weren't wait for them, he was there. It wasn't true, he didn't wrote or called us, he knew all our contacts or he could have written on Airbnb. But he did't do that.The Airbnb judged the boy's claim to be justified and got back 100%. I just didn't get a word. The Airbnb didn't care what we wrote- again. Why?
Another nice story. At the New Years Eve the minimum stay in our apartments are 5 nights and the prices are higher than normally. A Family arrived on the 31th of December, they received a nice welcome, we gave them a bottle of wine as our gift. On the next morning they cancelled theirs reservation, because the elevator didn't work (it didn't work for only 1 nght). Probably they found something cheaper from the 1st of January. They also got a full refund!
We have been on the market for a long time, we have achieved the Superhost designation with more than 45 apartments. The comfort and satisfaction of the guests is always the most important for us!

But at a time like this, when such a big company like Airbnb completely despises our interests, it doesn't care about us, it makes an unfair decision - I ask myself some questions ... And I don't think that these kind of things happen only with us.

Thank you for reading it!

3 Replies 3
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Home-In-Budapest0,

You're absolutely right, you're not alone.

I sympathize with your situation, we do have a few similar experiences like you.

Airbnb tread us unfairly, deducts from my future payout to reimbursement, a full refund to the guest without my concern, 

It was a total let down! The case manager doesn't listen to my side, make the full refund and block my calendar. It's out of my hand!

Then after sometimes, I understood how to take in Airbnb, because Airbnb is a trust and safety platform. 

As a matter of fact, the guest is always in the “Top Priority”, especially we’re in the service hospitality field.

we truly need compassion side by side with Airbnb and achieved success in the platform.

Your listings are lovely's, closer to 1700++ reviews and surely in the future, more Airbnb guests will continue to support you. 

You shouldn't take the 0.3% refund payment issue to drag down your business and the partnership with Airbnb.

You should be proud of a successful Airbnb Superhost and expanding your journey.

Happy Hosting 

Lisa1575
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I completely agree and people will trickle away slowly but surely and air bnb will cease to exist without the users , the idea will be used somewhere else with better legal policies and less disregard for its users , and i shall be there on the new platform .

Mar125
Level 10
California, United States

@Home-In-Budapest0 

The ambassador who refunded guest has gone against airbnb policy. 

For travel issues, guest needs to submit the issues to airbnb within 24 hours of check in to be eligible for any refund. 

Didpute the resolution and argue that with airbnb policy. You can only argue well if you have good knowledge of airbnb policy.