"no trip yet" guest

Brittney130
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

"no trip yet" guest

i accepted a guest with no trip experience, i was hoping to see his picture after i confirmed but the profile picture is a dog picture and i am not comfortable with that. he will arrive in 3 days and it's too late to cancel the trip. what are your recommendations?

5 Replies 5

@Brittney130 

Whew, that's uncomfortable. How about requesting the guest update their photo, to a clear head shot, as the platform says it is appropriate to provide? What information is the guest already giving you about their reason for the stay, and personal information on the profile? Now that you have their full name, how about an online search? And is the dog in the photo also staying? 

My home is not pet-friendly. I inquired about the reason, and he explained that he has an interview in Toronto and has booked the home for a 7-day stay. He is traveling from another country. I also requested him to update his profile picture or send me his ID, but I haven't received any response yet.

Hello @Brittney130 

I have ticked the box on my listing that requires guests to provide a recognisable photo of themselves on their profile.  I feel comfortable asking this from my guests as I provide a full face shot of myself to set the example.

Joëlle

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Brittney130 sometimes it is difficult to communicate with people who are travelling. There is a place where you can request clear photo Id , no avatars , no sunglasses ,. I suggest you also ask for the new phone number from the guest as possibly the one he / she will be using may not be functioning.Although in a case like this I would use every means to communicate . Ask the guest via messaging to send a current selfie and request photo ID on arrival . Also if no results ,call the phone number that you have to ascertain arrival times etcetera . Always double up on messaging with all communications. This may be and probably is very straight forward but the guest will  most likely be grateful for you reaching out. I find over seas guests really do need extra communication .If you have Instant book then this is more likely to occur... H

I doubt very much if an O/S guest is bringing their dog on a seven day trip... H