Delete a Listing (Deactivate): A Community Help Guide [UPDATE]

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Delete a Listing (Deactivate): A Community Help Guide [UPDATE]

***NOTE: This Help Guide has been created using the new layout so if you have a different layout, please visit https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Delete-a-Listing-Deactivate-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/157...

Some hosts wish to permanently delete one of their listing for several reasons which may include they sold the property, created it by mistake or they are just choosing not to rent it out any longer.  If you wish to permanently remove a listing from your account, follow the instructions below.

If you have not completed your listing, you can either delete it using the app or complete the listing and then follow the instructions below.

Here is how you deactivate your listing permanently:

Step 1: Click on "Host" and then "Manage Listings" and then choose the listing you wish to deactivate.

1.png

Step 2: You can permanently deactivate your listing by selecting the  "Listing Details" tab, going to the "Listing status" section and then choosing "Edit".

1.png

Step 3: Choose "Deactivate Listing"2a.png

Step 4: A popup screen will appear where you can enter a reason and then choose "Deactivate my listing".

2.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

8 Replies 8
Maram1
Level 1
Beirut, Lebanon

This was great!! Thanks so much for the update.

hi,

the link to this listing will still work.

i am looking for a way to delete the listing completely 

They will never delete the listings.  They may deactivate or remove the listing, but they will most likely always retain a copy on file.

Sharee1
Level 2
Queenstown, New Zealand

What happens if I want to stop hosting and I still have some future bookings?

Richard730
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

The latest GUI does not follow these guides. They are missing. There is no manage listings drop down. Can someone get this updated?

Victor387
Level 1
Kraków, Poland

Doesn't work for me. UI has changed, and there is no "Deactivate" button or option

Mary1387
Level 2
Columbus, GA

I had to give up one of my bedrooms on AirBnB because my sister came to live with me. I want to delete the listing, but I'm afraid that when I do, all the reviews I got for that room when it was available and rented out will disappear.  Am I right? I'd like to delete the listing but keep the reviews. Is that possible?

Taylor226
Level 1
Horseheads, NY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29FbaePuVhg

Watch this video, it is the most up to date version! Took me one minute. I was looking for so long until I decided to go to YouTube and I'm glad I did, hope this helps!