How to report inappropriate content

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How to report inappropriate content

CC Tutorials.png

Hello everyone,

This tutorial highlights a very important feature in the Community Center which is the 'Report Inappropriate Content' button. You will do a great favour to the members of the Community Center if you inform us that someone is violating the rules or misusing the forum. You also can use the report feature to highlight specific content to us so that we can have a look into this. By using the report feature, we can keep the CC safe, protect each other from inappropriate practices, and learn on how to use the Community Center. 

Inappropriate content is all related to the following: 

• Sharing private and personal information.
  • Advertising.
  • Incorrect information.
  • Insults or disrespect.
  • Tips on bad practices as an Airbnb user.

Or the wrong use of the CC:

• Incorrectly marking the 'Most helpful answer' in a thread. 
  • Messages posted in the wrong thread. 
  • Meaningless and purposeless messages. 
  • Spamming the CC with same messages. 

How to report inappropriate content?

Click on options button in the comment that you want to report and then click on "Report Inappropriate Content".

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 17.08.07.png

When clicking on Report Inappropriate Content, it will redirect you to a blank box where you must specify a reason why you want to report content that is not appropriate. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 17.10.07.png

As you can see it is very easy to do and is a great way to keep the CC safe! Also, reporting inappropriate content is entirely private as no one, but Lizzie and I will know about this report.

I hope you find this tutorial helpful!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

2 Replies 2
Dawn162
Level 4
Eustis, FL

I have reported this listing and it is still visible.  Its an odd listing and I have seen this occur increase.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/19944502?s=51

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Hi @Dawn162, I think Quincy was talking about how we use the forum, reporting listings is another thing entirely. You will find that the listing you have reported will be there a year later. It has little effect (I reported a non-existant listing 2015, still there, still fake, never used)