Guest disrespect behaviour

Ksenia0
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

Guest disrespect behaviour

Hello. I am in need of community advice. The guest, a chick of about 30 year old, rented a room for a week alone. After living 5 days with us in the morning i crashed in a random guy in my bathroom. He started that he is her boyfriend and so on. When he left i asked her why she did not ask for permission at least? She is leaving in my house, not in the hotel, and it seems like very disrespectful behaviour.

She did not ask, or gave me a notice, or anything.

What should I do? Feeling pretty pissed off and would love to ask her to leave earlier.

8 Replies 8
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It;s not on to bring guests without asking - I am sure that is part of your rules.

As she is only there for another 2 days, you could just leave her there, and then post an honest review about not adhereing to rules about additonal guests/visitors.

Depends on how strongly you feel about her breaking this rule and wanting her out of your property.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I should also say that you can of course ask for additonal money through the resolution centre once she has left, for the additional overnight guest.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Ksenia0

Unfortunately too many guests assume it's ok they just invite somebody over and let them crash. It's not ok in a hotel if they're not registered, and it's certainly not ok in a private home.

You don't mention anything in your house rules, so won't be able to say in her review that she had difficulties following them, but you could say something like: She was very friendly and blabla. As a guest new to the Airbnb system she probably did not realise that it was extremely inappropriate bringing in her boyfriend for a night into this private residence as unpaid and unannounced extra guest. I'm sure that with more practice and experience she will be an outstanding guest.

If you don't explicitly mention it in your house rules (the reason why so many hosts do!) a lot of guests will take it for granted that inviting somebody to see their accommodation and more is acceptable.

Your house rules are like the laws of your kingdom. What situation can you think of that you would not want to tolerate? Formulate that in no uncertain terms. No unregistered extra guests or outside visitors allowed. No smoking in the apartment, but it is tolerated on the balcony.

And so forth.

On one hand I agree. And I am ok if the guest have friend coming over during the day. But on the other hand she brought the person for the night stay. I will work more on house rules too. Thank you for your advice. Suggested her to pay charge for an extra guest. She accepted. 

I've found it much easier to make the rules strict & then loosen them up when I want to -

if someone asked about their friend visiting for the day, it's easy to say "sure, they just need to be out by 10pm" - then you seem like nice, accomodating host.

if someone just brings their friend & you don't have a house rule that says "no unregistered guests on the property", you are coming from a weaker position in asking them to leave.

But what does it mean if the person is bringing a random person (the bf i have never seen) in the middle of the night with her, and then i know about it suddenly crashing in after having morning shower?

have a look at her booking did she book for 2 people or one if she book for one person you can call airbnb explain your case and ask them to contact the guest make her pay for the second person and leave your house .

Jill21
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

What do I do when guests are going to overboard with me disrespectful and harassment and threatening behaviour to wards me.

I have already made a complaint about the reservation and things have not changed. I am feeling very tired and vulnerable to the fact