Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Are guests able to do laundry at your property?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Are guests able to do laundry at your property?

39716847_05.jpg

Hello everyone

I hope the start of fall/spring is shaping up beautifully in your area! 🍃/🍂

For many guests, having access to laundry facilities might be an important aspect of their stay, though this need often varies depending on the location and the nature of their trip.

Are guests able to do laundry at your property? If so, do you provide cleaning supplies, such as laundry detergent? If you don’t offer this service, I’d love to hear your reasons in the comments.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

113 Replies 113

Yes, there are commercial washer and dryer on sight.  

@Paula 

I am new to Airbnb, and this is a super question/topic for newbies!

I had not asked myself whether or not I would allow guests to do their laundry during their stay, until I was filling out the Airbnb space check boxes, and it had laundry options there. 

I chose to include the use of my washer and dryer. And I do supply detergent and fabric softener.

My very first bookings immediately needed the washer and dryer which is also located right outside their guest bedroom door. It made me feel good that the option and freedom was there for them, and they were able to use it (in both of their situations it was an obvious need and if I were them would completely understand why).

I provide the laundry soap and fabric softener not only as a convenience for them, but now that I think about it it's smart for me to do this because my washer and dryer require HE (high efficiency) detergents. 

Well I am new, and should consider the cost of detergent and wear and tear on my washer and dryer, just like the entire experience... I'll see how it plays out and reevaluate as we go. For now it feels like a win-win overall for everyone. I don't charge extra now, but may consider it in the future.

I'd love to know what others do, so thanks for the post!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Amber-Jeanne0 😊

It’s interesting to hear your perspective as a host just starting your journey!

Have you considered checking out some nearby properties to see if they offer laundry amenities? This could give you insight into pricing and what’s included, helping ensure you’re in the right range. I’m just sharing these thoughts in case you find them useful.

I look forward to hearing if your future guests take advantage of the laundry facilities!😊

Best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you so much, @Paula.

I have not seen comparable properties in my area with laundry while doing my research. But research is continuous. Maybe I'll become a popular option because of this, who knows! I'll keep ya posted on the topic. ☺

Show quoted text

Melisa132
Level 2
Valley Center, KS

Yes, pur guest can do laundry at our home. We are at the lake and there is always wet clothes and towels to be washed and dried.

We have never had a problem and we offer a small amout of laundry detergent pods and a few dryer sheets.

In fact, guest have left additional detergent and other things for us. Which is appreciated.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Melisa132, thank you for sharing your experience!

Given the location of your listing, would you say that most guests use the laundry facilities? Have they provided any positive feedback about them?

Keep us updated!

-----

Michelle3782
Level 1
Longwood, FL

Yes, we have two washers and dryers for our cleaners since our until sleeps 12-14 it makes it a quicker turn around to clean all the towels and bedding. We do supply laundry soap and dryer sheets. I addition to dishwasher detergent. I have them start the  cycle before they check out.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Michelle3782, thank you so much for your response!

If I understand correctly, your cleaning team uses the laundry facilities, but are guests also allowed to use them during their stay?

Best regards,

-----

Mohd136
Level 1
Cairo, Egypt

Yes, and it’s listed in my amenities along with other facilities

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Great, thanks for sharing @Mohd136!

Do you see this as a competitive advantage? Have you checked if other listings near yours also offer this amenity?

Best regards,

-----

Melissa2343
Level 1
West Point, IN

Yes, they can. Our property comes with a washer and dryer. I also provide unlimited laundry detergent and dryer sheets at no extra charge. I will note that one of our airbnbs is on our personal property so we don’t have issues with people taking it with them. We are able to interact with our guests. Our newest Airbnb is getting ready to open mid October and I will limit since it is not close to us. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Melissa2343, thank you so much for sharing this 😊

Being close to one of your properties must allow for great guest interaction. I’m sure your newest Airbnb will be a hit when it opens in mid-October! 🌟

Are you planning any special amenities or features for the new listing, given its distance from your personal property?

Best regards,

-----

Yes. Washer & Dryer. We provide Tide Pods and Dryer sheets.  

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Meredith248, thank you so much for sharing your experience!

Do your guests use the laundry facilities? Have you offered this service from the beginning, or did you implement it based on guest suggestions?

Keep us posted!

-----

Yes. We provide washer and dryer as well as detergent pods and dryer sheets. Additionally, we also have ironing board and iron available.