Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Are guests able to do laundry at your property?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Are guests able to do laundry at your property?

39716847_05.jpg

Hello everyone

I hope the start of fall/spring is shaping up beautifully in your area! 🍃/🍂

For many guests, having access to laundry facilities might be an important aspect of their stay, though this need often varies depending on the location and the nature of their trip.

Are guests able to do laundry at your property? If so, do you provide cleaning supplies, such as laundry detergent? If you don’t offer this service, I’d love to hear your reasons in the comments.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

113 Replies 113
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Michele-and-Eric0, This is great! Thank you so much for sharing.

Do you think this is a competitive advantage for your listing compared to others in your location?

Keep us posted!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Misha110
Level 2
Boston, MA

Yes, my service is to my guests, and travelers need laundry, so I provide everything they need for a comfortable stay.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thank you for sharing this @Misha110

Do you offer both short and long stays? If so, do guests use the laundry facilities regardless of the length of their stay?

I look forward to hearing from you!

-----

Miliscent0
Level 1
Nuneaton and Bedworth, United Kingdom

Yes, guest are always welcomed to do laundry at mine. I also provided detergent and softener with no extra cost. 

Most of my guest have done laundry especially those that stayed longer.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Miliscent0,  It’s great to hear that your guests feel welcome to do laundry and appreciate the amenities you provide.

Have you noticed any particular feedback from guests about the laundry facilities? Also, do you have any tips for other hosts on how to best manage laundry services for guests?

Regards 🌻

-----

Same here… @Paula  and @Miliscent0  I provide detergent, softener and they’re welcome to use it.

I love travelling and the opportunity to travel light and wash my clothes!  What’s very kind, is often, guests then buy more detergent as a thank you! ☺️ 

Livia 👗🧺🧘🏽‍♀️

Michael8112
Level 2
California City, CA

Yes all our facilities are equipped with washing  and drying capabilities. The only one lacking this facility is our serenity home in Rosamond. There is a Laundromat, very close by and a solution is being worked on as at this message. We hope we’ve responded adequately to your question. Please do not hesitate to seek more answers as your comfort is our primary goal. Thanks for the interest expressed Mike and Family,

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Michael8112, thank you so much for sharing your experience.

What feedback have you received from guests about the laundry services you provide?

Keep us posted 😊

-----

Melinda348
Level 2
Gauteng, South Africa

Yes, i have a washing machine and drier in the apartment, and there are outdoor washing lines in the yard. I also supply detergent.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Melinda348, this is fantastic 😊

Do your guests typically use the laundry facilities? Do you see this as a competitive advantage for your listing?

Keep us posted!

-----

Hi @Paula ,

yes to laundry at our rental.

Our listing is a 4br, sleeps up to 10, with regular stays of 5 days or more (and usually 7-10 for peak seasons) and so with this in mind laundry would probably be considered a must have for guests. Plus, we are in a dirty & sweaty type vacation area: lots of hiking, biking, skiing, racing, etc.

Our home has a fully equipped laundry/mud room on the main level and we offer laundry soap. Right now we are offering laundry 'tabs' that are packaged in a cardboard envelope type package and are supposed to be environmentally friendly. Previously we had the typical plastic jug left for guests. My sense is that guests don't like or aren't totally familiar with these tabs as they aren't as used it seems. This will probably change over time though with more familiarity.

Yes, guests can  use washing machines, tumble dryer, do ironing. During the stay they have to clean and steady by them selves. I only do the cleaning after every guests

Willene1
Level 10
Kaleden, Canada

@Paula  Yes we provide a washing machine and a box of laundry detergent sheets. There is no dryer, however we do provide 2 drying racks as we are in the Okanagan and in the busy summer, the clothes dry faster outside anyway.   I did offer to dry clothes upstairs in our dryer for one family with 3 young boys.  
I’d say 30% of guests use the washer and drying racks.  
Surprising how many appreciate the eco friendly washer sheets too. I bought a years supply but found I preferred liquid detergent so put them in our Airbnb suite. Who knew they’d love them. 😉

Babu-John0
Level 2
Koothattukulam, India

Yes,New Washing Mechine Available 

Milagros163
Level 2
New Haven, CT

No. I think it’s all depends of how much you charge for your listing. Most of my guests are staying one or two nights which I prefer. For those staying longer I mention the closest laundry mat. Electricity and water bills would hurt your earnings if you allow them.