Are there any WIFI enabled external key lock box (with key pad to unlock)?

Answered!
Matthew---Stay-Central0
Level 2
Bridgend, United Kingdom

Are there any WIFI enabled external key lock box (with key pad to unlock)?

Are there any recommended key lock boxes that you can mount securely to a brick wall that can link to your WIFI to allow remote change of the key box code so that you can change codes after each guest has left remotely? 

1 Best Answer
Spirit9
Level 2
New York, NY

First choice is always the Schlage Encode hardware on your door. The app works perfectly remotely and syncs with Airbnb to generate and send unique codes to each booking with 3p app RemoteLock. 

Second choice is the ONLY wifi remote access  lockbox I know of -  the one from LOQRON on Amazon. You have to plug in a little gateway device but once you do, you can actually open the box yourself from anywhere in the world. When I see a delivery person on the ring camera, instead of telling them the code to open the box. I open it for them and watch them put the package inside and key back in the box. Now they don’t have to have a code or figure out how to enter it.  You can also generate new codes from anywhere and they’ll update the box.  Bluetooth is pointless. I need a lockbox I can control when I’m NOT in Bluetooth range, duh.    

IMG_2401.jpeg

View Best Answer in original post

49 Replies 49

Hi Lisa- I have used the Igloohome lock box for the past year on our property.  It works well with auto sending codes and you can remotely send codes without having to be within bluetooth distance.  There is no wifi required either.

@Nickolas17 How does it receive the codes without wifi or bluetooth? 

Oscar1200
Level 1
Alajuela Province, Costa Rica

you have to buy and use a Wifi Bridge from the same company

Spirit9
Level 2
New York, NY

First choice is always the Schlage Encode hardware on your door. The app works perfectly remotely and syncs with Airbnb to generate and send unique codes to each booking with 3p app RemoteLock. 

Second choice is the ONLY wifi remote access  lockbox I know of -  the one from LOQRON on Amazon. You have to plug in a little gateway device but once you do, you can actually open the box yourself from anywhere in the world. When I see a delivery person on the ring camera, instead of telling them the code to open the box. I open it for them and watch them put the package inside and key back in the box. Now they don’t have to have a code or figure out how to enter it.  You can also generate new codes from anywhere and they’ll update the box.  Bluetooth is pointless. I need a lockbox I can control when I’m NOT in Bluetooth range, duh.    

IMG_2401.jpeg

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Some fantastic tips and experiences in this thread! When it comes to self check-in there are a lot of things to consider - I would recommend reading up on our handy Self Checkin guide over on the Resource Center as well as learning here in the Community Center: The dos and don’ts of providing self check-in

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines