Before and after pics

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Before and after pics

I'm an enthusiastic interiors buff and renovating my house has been a long-term labour of love and, I realise now, will always be an ongoing project. I'd therefore be really interested to hear from other hosts who have renovated their Airbnb properties and see before and after pics if you have them, or just hosts who have plans and ideas for future projects.

To start it off, here is one of the guest rooms in my house, BEFORE:

4891_101897216882_3248926_n.jpg

and AFTER:

2nd floor.jpg

I still haven't finished tweaking this room yet (the painted wardrobes for example), so there may be updates to come.

Please share your projects and plans!

231 Replies 231
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow! this looks amazing @Sandra126 :-).

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

thanks @Lizzie, now it is maintenance, cleaning, maintenance... Nowhere near as much fun as making it in the first place! Here is another before and after, my garden boat! Though I love a finished project I love the process more.beforebeforeafterafter

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is super cool, @Sandra126. You have a real talent for this. I love the name of your boat too. It looks like a very pleasant place to have a nice cuppa. 🙂 I feel @Robin4 would like this, due to his little possum friend in his garden. 🙂 

Any other project you have up your sleeve?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Depends on if I get building approval to work on another project, but this house has nowhere to go, every possible fun has been squeezed out of it. I have plans for another project elsewhere, depending on council approval. Could take a long time.

''Hello Possums'' is what Dame Edna says to her audience, and the possums do play in the boat a lot. Makes a mess~!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

hehe @Sandra126! I remember Dame Edna saying that, now you have said it. Aw what fun! 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

plantbox55.jpgplantbox59.jpg

Here is another before and after, found an old bike under the house! Gave a new focus to a dull wall.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sandra126 

I realised that I never came back to this thread to comment on your posts, although I am sure I intended to.

You know I have always absolutely loved your house and it's obvious you are an artist. It's just so, so beautiful and unique and special. I would book it in a heartbeat if I was in your neck of the woods. Your use of colour and pattern is really inspiration. I also love your projects like the boat and the bike. So creative.

It's very interesting and very impression to see what you started with and how you have totally transformed it.