Brighton Marina

Rachel2677
Level 1
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom

Brighton Marina

Hi All,

I am seriously considering purchasing a tiny home, on the marina to use as an Airbnb but as a first time host am quite nervous.

I have run all the analytics and it looks good but I don't know how accurate these sites are.

I would be very interested to hear from Airbnb hosts in Brighton. How high is the guest occupancy, and is Brighton massively seasonal - I imagine it is. 

Any advice and Brighton specific info very gratefully recieved.

Many Thanks

Rachel  

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Rachel2677 You can look up proposals for STR in England on the government website . You'll need planning permission for commercial use. Does the Marina allow STR?

have a look at Airdna for likely demand

many areas suffering from oversaturated markets coupled with falling demand

you need to compare yourself against similar properties to understand demand - just because say two bed Georgian flats with a history of great reviews does well in Brighton - doesn't mean a  new tiny home will 😁

well done for finding a tiny home in such a central location in a popular city - I know it's a dream for many who can't afford to live in such expensive cities. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Rachel2677 ! You've received some excellent advice from our experienced Host Helen! Do keep us posted if you have had a chance to look at it and if you have already considered these factors!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Danny764
Level 1
Luton, United Kingdom

Hi Rachel,

Just seen this post from last year.   Did you have any luck buying a boat and using it as an Airbnb?   Im guessing the Marina would have problems with that and may not allow it, but would be interesting to hear how you got on......

Danny