Can I use same photos for two separate listings? And How do I list a space that is 'shared' but 'separate'?

Answered!
Fiona377
Level 2
Yackandandah, Australia

Can I use same photos for two separate listings? And How do I list a space that is 'shared' but 'separate'?

Hi, I want to run two separate listings - one is for the entire space and the other is as a shared option. Can I access photos from one listing and add to another?  it's basically the same photos I'll be using, and I don't want to have to re upload all my photos.

Also, I currently run one listing for using the whole house, and I move in with friends when people stay. Now I want to offer an additional listing as a shared option for one end of the house.   This is basically the same as the other listing - same bedrooms, bathroom, separate entrance.  It will also include a 'hotel style' tea/coffee making, toaster and microwave.  This end of the house is separated by a sliding door that is lockable. However, I also want to give people the option of using the full kitchen, the dining area and outdoor space, which would be shared with me if they choose.   Do I need to list this as a 'private room' listing? Because it's much more than a private room.  If I do need to list it as a 'private room' - does someone have suggestions on some words so people know it's more than a private room?

Thanks !

1 Best Answer

Regarding your first question, you should be able to use the same photos for both listings as long as you have the legal rights to use those photos. Most online listing platforms allow you to access your previously uploaded photos and select which ones you want to include in your new listing. You can also consider using a photo management tool to help you organize your photos and quickly access them for different listings.

As for your second question, if you want to give guests the option to use the full kitchen, dining area, and outdoor space, you may want to consider listing the space as a "Private Room with Shared Spaces" or "Private Suite with Shared Spaces".

This can help guests understand that they have their own private area with a separate entrance, but that there are shared spaces available for their use as well.

When creating your listing, be sure to clearly describe the space and what is included. You can mention that the listing includes a private bedroom, bathroom, and "hotel-style" amenities, as well as access to shared spaces such as the kitchen, dining area, and outdoor space.

Be specific about what guests can expect in terms of privacy and shared use of the space, and include photos that showcase the separate entrance and any other unique features of the listing.

Finally, consider using a title for your listing that accurately reflects the space and its amenities.

For example, "Private Suite with Shared Kitchen and Outdoor Space" or "Spacious Private Room with Access to Shared Areas". By being transparent about what guests can expect during their stay, you can help ensure a positive experience for everyone involved.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Fiona377 the easiest way to do this is to use the 'duplicate listing' function and then edit the appropriate words etc. Be aware that things like cancellation policy is switched to flexible and instant book is switched on when duplicating so don't forget to change these as you see fit.

I wonder if you should have 3 listings:

Listing A - Whole house

Listing B - Room with private entrance. listed as Entire place but make sure people don't think they get a kitchen

Listing C - Room in shared house

Calendar linking will need to have A linked to B andC, B linked to A and C, C linked to A and B - I THINK

I have three listings for two units and same issue.With two listings i adwertise two units separately but with shared pool and one listing is for renting both units with pool only for them.Don t think that writting in title "shared pool" would be attractive to potential guests but in my description clearly states that pool will be shared with guests that are staying in other unit.Seems that big procent of guests don t read description so i get a lot of questions is the pool private?

Yes, you can use the same photos for two separate listings as long as the photos accurately represent the space being listed. However, it's always a good idea to include additional photos that showcase the specific features of each listing.

Regarding your second question, if you're offering a separate section of your house that includes its own entrance, bedrooms, and bathroom, then you can list it as a "private room" with a note that the kitchen, dining area, and outdoor space are shared with you.

You can use the description to explain that it's more than just a private room and include details about the shared spaces and amenities available for use. For example, you could write something like, "Private room with separate entrance, bedrooms, and bathroom, as well as access to shared kitchen, dining area, and outdoor space with the host. Hotel-style tea/coffee making, toaster, and microwave provided."

This way, potential guests can see that it's a private space with some shared amenities.

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines ]

Regarding your first question, you should be able to use the same photos for both listings as long as you have the legal rights to use those photos. Most online listing platforms allow you to access your previously uploaded photos and select which ones you want to include in your new listing. You can also consider using a photo management tool to help you organize your photos and quickly access them for different listings.

As for your second question, if you want to give guests the option to use the full kitchen, dining area, and outdoor space, you may want to consider listing the space as a "Private Room with Shared Spaces" or "Private Suite with Shared Spaces".

This can help guests understand that they have their own private area with a separate entrance, but that there are shared spaces available for their use as well.

When creating your listing, be sure to clearly describe the space and what is included. You can mention that the listing includes a private bedroom, bathroom, and "hotel-style" amenities, as well as access to shared spaces such as the kitchen, dining area, and outdoor space.

Be specific about what guests can expect in terms of privacy and shared use of the space, and include photos that showcase the separate entrance and any other unique features of the listing.

Finally, consider using a title for your listing that accurately reflects the space and its amenities.

For example, "Private Suite with Shared Kitchen and Outdoor Space" or "Spacious Private Room with Access to Shared Areas". By being transparent about what guests can expect during their stay, you can help ensure a positive experience for everyone involved.