Cushion inserts

Perry90
Level 4
Lyndhurst, United Kingdom

Cushion inserts

Hi

Fairly small scale simple question with a long back story! . I have a lovely English made sofa, with large cushions at the back as well as the ones you sit on. They were all feather filled. So the base ones you sit on are great, they need plumping after every guest, but thats fine, it's worth the effort.  The back ones however got so misshaped after every guest that I had to take the inner out every time to get ther feathers into the corners of the inner, then the inner corners back into the corner of the cover, with three of them it was taking half an hour, so eventuaslly I bought new cheap inserts, they looked awful, as I bought them the same size as the cover, after googling it, I bought inserts 4" bigger than the cover (inserts 32"). They looked OK, but still the bloomin' corners of the inner disappear after a few guests still! 
Any thoughts, is there a make someone would recommend, should I go bigger still, or get ones with buttons in?
I'm UK based.

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Perry90Don't get excited as  I can't help with your problem I am afraid but will add ours! We bought foam inserts for the base cushions of our sofa but the covers seem to migrate around the insert so the 4" raised bit ends up on the seat of the cushion.

Let's hope someone can solve both our issues!

Perry90
Level 4
Lyndhurst, United Kingdom

SittingRoom2.jpg

Deb216
Level 10
Newport, RI

@Perry90 , If I may, I suggest searching your area for someone who works with upholstery furniture.  They buy cushions in bulk, and some make custom sized feathered cushions...for far less than a furniture store or manufacturer.  Good luck!