-what type of easy wash wrinkle free sheets you prefer

-small individual hand soaps

-basics of kitchen/cook/bake ware essentials

Thanks so much!

Carmen 

26 Replies 26

Perfect Francesca! Thank you.

C

I purchased professional hotel sheets, they are thicker, wash better, less wrinkled, last a little longer still looking nice.

I shop around, love walmart, target, amazon, burlington, etc. purchase some items like summer chair pillows, beach towels at the end of the season when they drop the price,

we buy a medium grade  nonstick pot and pans from various sources, sams, costco, etc. I prefer single, 1-3 uses hotel like soaps, lotions, conditioner and shampoo. I also provide a liquid dove or soft soap for others who prefer that. I prefer color towels and washcloths as white stain faster. I use black face cloths for women's makeup.

Michael7854
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

Hi @Carmen2329

Here's a link to amazon queen size bed sheets which my guests love.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M16WBW1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a link to amazon for the travel size shampoo that I offer my guests along with conditioner and body wash.  I don't provide individual hand soap.  Instead, I recommend a Dial pump dispenser with foaming hand soap.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087Z6PV4D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't have a kitchen with my rental, but I offer coffee, tea, and bags of Lays potato chips as small amenities for my guests. 

I hope this is helpful, 

Michael

HI Michael,

This is super helpful and I love the links. Wishing you happy hosting days:)

c

Thanks that was helpful 

Thank you for sharing. Ordered already the sets of sheets

Richard2979
Level 1
Ash Grove, MO

Hello there, we like the geeza sheets from the my pillow guy. We started using the liquid hand soap as it's more convenient to have multiple bottles around and just refill out of gallon jug. We have shampoo and conditioner in bigger bottles,  plus we do provide travel size in case they prefer that, with the soap and shampoo and conditioner We have pretty much the same pots and pans we'd use, and they are non stick same with utensils we do provide bottle water and coffee, filters as well. Most everything other than a blender, or mixer. Of course we have towels and wash clothes extra bedding in case someone is cold. Also have a fan on a stand as I know I sleep hot.

Cyan5
Level 2
Edgewood, NM

Hi @Carmen2329 ! Like many of the other hosts/hostess who have replied, I have multiple sets of sheets/pillow cases/towel sets available for my cleaning crew to switch out quickly without having to wash.  Towels are dark green or navy blue, sheets are navy or sage green. I buy high quality linens because they last longer. 

I offer pump soap, shampoo, conditioner and body wash. 

I have a full kitchen in my house with options of dishes, utensils, cook and bakeware. I promote longer stays, so I also offer Tupperware-like options for professional who are traveling for work. 

I hope this is helpful!

Cyan

Claire187
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Carmen

I do have a range on bedlinen - but most are not wrinkle free - so I end up ironing them.  I recently got some replacement on a sale at primark - cotton rich and they seem to be fine without ironing

because of the texture (see below)

On the soap - I simply provide liquid dispenser soaps and shampoos and have had no complaints

I have provided Ikea basics for all of the glasses, crockery and cutlery and cookware - all white and stainless steel and again no complaints.

Hope this helps

Claire

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-13 at 3.29.42 PM.jpeg

PS - I buy refillable bottles and prefer to by re-cyclable soaps and cleaners for everything to be more sustainable with less waste.

Peter3879
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

@Carmen2329 My sheets were selected based on durability. i went for Egyptian Cottons

- refilled hand wash dispenser: 

- The more facilitates you provide for your kitchen May leave you with more work afterwards. Stick with essentials, however, you must also note that if you intend to attract longer stays, there may be need to give a little more.on kitchen amenities.

@Carmen2329 Here's what I've learned of 8 years hosting re your questions.

- Bamboo sheets more important than thread count but I go white for easy clean. I also laundromat them, for 8 beds in a 6 bedroom house, I can't wash fast enough, nor get them to that crisp level. So its worth the investment to that lovely wrinkle free

- dark coloured high quality cotton towels (gave up on white, laundromat couldn't get all marks out) which in a pinch, ill wash myself and put through dryer 

- you didn't ask, but i learnt quickly to get rid of all the white doona/duvet covers, hard to keep clean and flat, and replaced with small dark coloured patterns that are not geometric. They don't need regular ironing, don't need to be perfectedly straight on a bed, and the small pattern defuses the eye to not see minor creases etc

- tea towels, i have learnt here, forget about fancy ones, they get wrecked /burnt or used to clean bbq or whatever, buy hotel bulk cotton quality

-Like many others, bulk pump wherever possible for all liquid handwash, body wash, dishwashing liquid. Use a branded shampoo and conditioner etc, but quality

- not a fan of single use anything - we did try that with artisan soaps, but people either left them, or used half of them, made a mess in bathroom to clean etc. not worth it.

-Use bulk powder for dishwasher and laundry (cheaper than liquid or tablet forms)

-cookware yes go for anything medium quality non stick mostly so that it will last at least 5 years (but have double what you think you would use personally, guests need options and dont want to have wash 1 pot to use it again). really high quality is only suitable for luxury/high end properties where the knives/cookware will be treated with respect (i personally wouldnt)

-bakeware yes, need to offer a range of easy to clean pyrex or silicon, non stick bakeware only for trays that you replace every few years

-medium quality knives that can go into dishwasher, many high end ones don't like dishwashers

-my personal peeve, chopping boards. most airbnbs don't have enough, or a range. i want plastic for meats, vegs, wood for bread/platters etc. When i stay where there is ONLY 1 wood chopping board only, i get cranky. It's unhygienic for a start...

Hope this helps! Enjoy being in the hospitality business now!