Do you guys have streaming services accounts preloaded or prefer the guest to input their own accounts?

Answered!
Seifullah-Y-Naara0
Level 2
Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Do you guys have streaming services accounts preloaded or prefer the guest to input their own accounts?

I have placed all my streaming services accounts on the tv on the space I've been renting. Most of the time guests dont use the guest profile I've configured and all my view history and preferences get messed up.

how you guys go around it?

1 Best Answer
Nicholas439
Level 5
Clearwater, FL

Hi @Seifullah-Y-Naara0, I provide numerous streaming services - Amazon Prime, Netflix, HULU, Apple TV, Paramount+, Peacock - additionally I have all smart TVs so there are hundreds of streaming channels available - too much?  These services are not so expensive but on occasion a guest wants to watch a particular football game so I'll sign up for ESPN or another service that provides these for just a month.  Not sure what the general offerings are in Bolivia but most hotels provide some sort of streaming now so I try and be better than the competition. I think it comes down to costs - my rentals are expensive and streaming is a small percentage - for less costly rentals I would not expect to offer so much.  I do use my personal accounts and you are right, the guests usually use the wrong profile.  With so much on offer on streaming services, getting some new perspective on preferences allows me to broaden my horizons!!

View Best Answer in original post

40 Replies 40
Coy22
Level 1
Ronan, MT

No streaming. We don’t even have a TV in our tiny house. We do offer wifi and have excellent cell coverage so they can watch on their personal devices. No one has ever complained. 

Yes I do

@Seifullah-Y-Naara0 , we have a SmartTV that provides the typical streaming services. However, guest will need to use their own account credentials to use the streaming services.  Our listing description clearly states steaming services available but guest(s) will need to use their user account credentials.

Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

@Seifullah-Y-Naara0 I inform my guests that they can access their own accounts on my smart TV, which has Netflix and Prime Video installed. However, they need to log in using their own credentials. As a small gesture that provides my guests with extra peace of mind, I inform them that I will log them out of these services after they check out in case they forget. This practice arose from a previous instance where a guest asked me to log her out, and since then, I have offered it as a responsible host, which has been appreciated by my guests.

Hi I always lock my services with a PIN and keep open the guest account. Obviously they will use that!!

The house has WiFi and a smart TV but no streaming accounts set.

The guests must login (and logout) of their personal accounts.

It is a good advice to remind them about the need to logout.

Immanuel11
Level 1
Durham, NC

we have a Roku and guest may sign into their individual accounts, but we do not offer streaming services either.

Sorry but we do not provide streaming services. 

Dietilde0
Level 2
Luanda, Angola

Hi, everyone.

I definitely prefer that they input their own accounts.

So they can also commander their limitations about.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Seifullah-Y-Naara0, this is an excellent question that has caught the attention of our Hosts, who are sharing various perspectives on whether or not to provide preloaded streaming services 😊

Have you made a decision yet? Are you considering offering this service?

Please keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

BYOC = Bring your own account.
All the typical streaming services available with your account.

Gerald808
Level 1
Parañaque, Philippines

Hello @Seifullah-Y-Naara0 ,

I believe that offering guests the flexibility to choose between utilizing pre-existing/pre-login streaming services on your home TV or accessing their own accounts on personal devices enhances their overall experience. In my observation, guests often prefer the latter option, leading to my pre-provided streaming services becoming somewhat redundant. While this doesn't personally impact me, as it grants guests an additional choice, I've taken steps to accommodate their preferences.

Recognizing that guests often prefer using their own accounts on their devices, I've pre-logged into both Netflix and Amazon Prime Video with my personal account. To ensure a seamless and personalized viewing experience for guests without compromising my own viewing history, I've created a dedicated "Airbnb Guest" account on both platforms. This provides a clear and guest-friendly solution, as it signifies to them that they can freely use this designated account for their entertainment needs during their stay.

@Gerald808 On Amazon prime video people can rent or buy videos. How do you get around that?

you can set parental controls on certain streaming services where you can set permissions on purchases

You get notified on purchases and just send them a bill via the app.