Do you have any signage in your listings?

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you have any signage in your listings?

856532962228006461_17.JPG

Hello hosts 👋🏽

Have you ever considered adding signage to your listings? Signage can help guide guests, providing them with important information and create a warm and inviting atmosphere 😊

You can use signage to illustrate important information such as house rules, check-in instructions and wifi passwords 💻

Additionally you can use signage as a way to inject your personality and creativity into your listing by adding a unique touch to your place 😎

Do any of you currently have signage in your listings? If so, what kind of signs have you incorporated? Do you have any recommendations?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

61 Replies 61

Thank you!

Christine1615
Level 2
South Perth, Australia

hi @Sophia 
yes and sensor lights so the can see where they are at night time..

I check in on Facebook regularly 

best regards
chrissy

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Christine1615, sensor lights are a great idea! 💡 have you always had them?
Where I live there isn't much street lighting, so we rely on our sensor lights 😅

-----

All of my closets lights go on automatically now. I invested in this just before I opened as I previously had pull chains and unless you knew where there where at one would find themselves waving an upward hand until they found the pull chain. I try to incorporate and convenience that I am able to. 

@Sophia Signage has to not come across as rules. I've learnt this. I make it factual, with a smiley face and a thank you at the end.

I do have a detailed one in bathrooms though for the hot water. Because if 12 guests have long hot showers, they will run out of hot water. The tank is the biggest one we can get into the house and takes time to heat up again. That's literally what we say, no complaints or questions about it since we put it up many years ago.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Mary1523, you make a very good point! 
Thanks for sharing your wisdom, I'm sure it will give new hosts inspiration💡

-----

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi Sophia,

Yes, I do have signage but in a purposeful, limited and useful way.

As guests enter we have an inside door to our place so I have a PRIVATE sign on that door.

I just finished my opinion on how to get guests to follow house rules, brilliant question from @Suzette81. I have a silver glitter binder directly in front of my TV with all my house rules, with in it labeled tabs for instructions for TV, coffee, etc., and check out instructions. My guests LOVE it!

The most frequent positive response I get is that I have all my cabinets, closets and drawers labeled as to what is in them. If empty not labeled, say dresser drawers. I just used a label maker so they are not obtrusive at all. They comment positively on that I made it so easy for them, especially in the kitchen with not having to search for glasses, dishes, silverware, pot and pans, etc. My place is not modern fancy, but as many have said very homey, cozy and they love not having to think about anything but to enjoy their stay. I even have the remotes labeled as well in my living room, 3 one for the TV, Roku and Bluetooth sound bar. 

I have a map of the 488 miles Chain of Lakes with a bright neon pink arrow pointing and written on You Are Here. I live 1 block away from my town's  Riverwalk, 

I have a basket of menus from most of the local restaurants, basket of the local small shops brochures and another small basket of local business cards. 

I also have a table with a map of my state, my county, my town's Park and Rec. guide, our local Nature Conservatory guide, etc. I have a printed copy of Bettye's Guidebook. Huge feedback on that is noted frequently in my Guest Sign in book. My guests have commented on how they love reading my other guests feedback and most all proudly say where they are from! Canada, France, New Zealand, Texas.... I love reading the lovely things they write as well when I check in after they check out. 

I do not have pictures of all with in my listing. I initially was going to but it seems my guests love that Wow factor of seeing the labelling, allowing them to see menus in hand, and information about my area. 

Not really labeling though I am a Chicago native, 1 hour drive away tops, and my place is lightly decorated with a Chicago theme, books included. 

My biggest pride is a picture of the iconic Lunch atop a Skyscraper that hangs in my kitchen. It is a black and white photograph taken in 1932 of ironworkers sitting on a steel beam eating lunch. All 3 of my children are structural ironworkers and like my other decorations are a personal touch from my family and close friends who donated personal things when I began my AirBnB venture and started decorating.

Love this question Sophia. Hope I was not too wordy.

Have a great week!

Bettye6

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Bettye6 wow 😮 its clear to see how much thought you have put into your listing and how you want your guests to have a smooth and easy experience. I love how cosy your property is, it truly feels like a home away from home 

I have not come across an Airbnb where cabinets, closets and drawers are labeled - what a unique idea! 💡life would be so much easier this way! 😂

I can imagine how heart-warming it is to read other guests hand-written messages of their experiences and positivity in the Guest Sign In Book 📖

I know exactly which photo you're talking about in regards to the steel workers having lunch, as soon as I read your reply the image flashed in my mind 😀 what a sweet personal touch! ❤️ 

Thank you so so much for sharing! 🤗

-----

Stela260
Level 2
Tirana, Albania

Hello. No

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Any particular reasons as to why you don't have any signage in your listing, I hope you don't mind me asking - I am simply curious 😀 @Stela260 

-----

Mark5178
Level 2
Beaver, OH

We have a sign by the driveway & 2 more directing guests to the cottage.  We also have signs on our hiking trails, so guests won't get lost.  We do not have any signage in the cottage.  All house rules,  things to do, places to eat, how to operate appliances, map of our trail system, our current seasonal nightly rates, check out procedure, WiFi network & password, is all contained in our guest guide book.  It seems to work for us.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Mark5178, I completely understand why you would want to keep signage to the minimum as you wouldn't want to sound too repetitive to your guests. Great way of thinking 🙌🏽 Good shout with signposting along the hiking trail also! 😀 

-----

Georges265
Level 2
La Valette-du-Var, France

Hi,

2 QR codes, the first to connect to the wifi, the second to give information to the villa & other interesting stuff such as the restaurants we like, beaches we go to, etc.

Georges

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That's very cool! I love how scanning the QR codes will give them the information they require 🙌🏽 What an innovative idea 💡

-----

Anastasia431
Level 2
Gig Harbor, WA

Yes!

we use a huge rock at the front of our driveway to give arrow directions and the name of our property so they  know they arrived.

we also are going to be labeling where things go in our kitchen here soon and have a welcome binder and sheet with basic info in the fridge and a QR code.