Do you provide gym equipment in your listing?

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you provide gym equipment in your listing?

885424623293562192-18 (1).jpg

Hi everyone,

As people are turning towards a healthy lifestyle, it might be interesting to include gym or yoga equipments to the listing. I'm curious to know if the hosts in our community provide any fitness gear for guests? 

Do you go with simple equipments such as dumbbells 🏋🏻, yoga mats 🧘🏻‍♀️ or treadmills 🏃? 

How do your guests react to having such fitness amenities?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Regards,
Elisa

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
56 Replies 56

Hi @Frances3408 

This is amazing! 😍
What is the purpose of people coming to your place? Tourism or sports?

I'll mention a Host who might be able to help with your question.

@Robin4 Do you have any idea why @Frances3408 is unable to add the golf category to her listing? 🤔

I also found this link 👉 How listings are categorized , you should check  the "Request a category change" section.

Let me know if that helps!

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

@Elisa. Elisa, I have a real hit and miss with Airbnb over categories. They denied my beaches request for almost three years, now its on. I had golfing and surfing approved instead then it got removed, to be replaced recently with countryside! They also denied vineyards even though there are a dozen within easy driving distance, starting from 1km! What hasnt changed is the National Parks category which NONE of my guests have ever flagged of being an interest to them. Lol.

I know how to add category requests, thanks. AI seems to have its own ideas...

Hi @Frances3408  😊

Thank you for letting me know!

How is the situation now? Do you have all the categories you need?

Warm regards, 🌻

-----

@Elisa. No, but after 4 tries maybe I'll try again soon. 🙂

Joy-E0
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

Good morning, Elisa,

The only exercise I have on offer is & for my guest to walk the largest Victorian neighborhood in NC, w/ their guest dogs & Historic Oakwood Cemetary w/o dogs or a 20 min walk to downtown Raleigh for fabulous food and musical, street art, mulicultural events. Summer can be HOT, but fall has arrived and all are happy with their walks!

Hope this helps broaden the picture of possible exercise!

Joy E.

Good morning @Joy-E0 

This is marvelous! I love walking and looking at architecture. 😍

Have you had guests asking for more?

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Fiona256
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

No. Surely people don't go on holiday to spend time in a gym.

Do they not wish to explore the culture, traditions, landscapes and people of the places they visit.

The outside world is on my doorstep, providing limitless opportunities to explore nature, mountains, moors, woods, seascapes, wildlife, gardens, coastal walks, galleries, museums, crafts etc. All these offer plenty of exercise opportunities.

Hi @Fiona256 😊

Thank you for your comment!
I agree, we can explore the outdoors and enjoy incredible sports activities.😍

Why do your guests visit your place? For work or tourism?

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Jytte0
Level 4
Melbourne, Australia

Hi Elisa,

We do not currently provide any gym equipment. But we do promote the bay beach which is only a short walk away. We also provide games and toys for kids incl. balls, and we have a large surfboard people can use, which offer an opportunity for exercise if people wish...

Cheers  Jytte

Jytte (=Utah)
Your Friendly Airbnb Host

Hi @Jytte0 😊

You offer a lot of activities, which is very exciting! 😍
Are your guests happy to participate in some of them, or do they prefer just relaxing?

Warm regards 🌻

-----

Hi @Elisa 

Thank you for your message!

Yes our guests are often interested in some of the many suggestions I offer.

Being an Airbnb host is a "Labor of Love" it fits in neatly with my Professional role as a Tour Guide (Travelling w. groups all over Australia and NZ) - and also with my role as an Inbound agent for Tour Groups of around 30 guests at a time from mainly Scandinavia. (We use hotels around Australia for these groups).

Travel and offering service to guests are my passion. I am always on the lookout for new options and ideas. Plus I am very good at putting myself in the guests shoes.

What would they like? Enjoy? Be pleasantly surprised about? etc. etc.

Most guests take up some of the offered suggestions, and often send me a line thanking me for the ideas.

They come on holiday to relax - but certainly also to enjoy new experiences!

My aim is to ensure they get as much out of their stay as possible.

I provide binders with detailed info and maps to the hidden secrets of Phillip Is, so they can easily find what tickles their fancy without to much hassle and homework...

With Best Regards

Jytte Ranjel, Superhost at Forana

Hi @Jytte6 😊,

Thank you for sharing your insights for hosting! It sounds like you’re dedicated to creating memorable experiences for your guests. 😍

What’s one of the most memorable pieces of feedback you’ve received from a guest about your recommendations or hospitality?

Warm regards🌻,

-----