Do you provide gym equipment in your listing?

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you provide gym equipment in your listing?

885424623293562192-18 (1).jpg

Hi everyone,

As people are turning towards a healthy lifestyle, it might be interesting to include gym or yoga equipments to the listing. I'm curious to know if the hosts in our community provide any fitness gear for guests? 

Do you go with simple equipments such as dumbbells 🏋🏻, yoga mats 🧘🏻‍♀️ or treadmills 🏃? 

How do your guests react to having such fitness amenities?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Regards,
Elisa

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
75 Replies 75
Tracey667
Level 2
Chippenham, United Kingdom

Thanks for including me in this message (my first in the airbnb Community Centre!).

No, I don't provide any fitness equipment for my guests.

However they are welcome to use the spacious lounge to take part in exercise videos on the smart tv.

And in the Summer and / or good weather they're welcome to use my enclosed private garden for outdoor activities.

Hell no!

I provide yoga mats, that way it’s a quick option even for short term stays! 

IMG_6597.jpeg

Tim4281
Level 2
Melrose Park, IL

No we do not provide any workout  equipment

Hello, Elisa!

We provide a yoga/workout mat in on our Biggest Little House but we're planning to add more equipment in our new upcoming airbnb. Thank you for reaching out!

Yvonne1012
Level 1
South Africa

Hi Elisa,

No, sorry we do not have a gym or supply any gym equipment.

Regards

Yvonne

We provide bikes, surf boards, yoga mats, dumbbells, skipping ropes. We have it listed as an amenity but it’s not something we advertise much, and guests don’t tend to use them as much as I would have expected. 

We do not provide exercise equipment in our short term vacation property. There is a lake to paddle or swim in and trails to walk or run on if a guest fees the need to exercise. The liability increase and minimal if any benefit to the bottom line makes it a none starter.

Stevo-Farm0
Level 2
Nana Glen, Australia

Hi Elisa,

We have a small cottage so no gym equipment, but I do provide electric bikes and kayaks on premises with safety gear for guests to use at no extra charge. Guest need to sign a waiver prior to use.

Valerie1486
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

No I  do not not provide gym equipment. I believe it may be a liability if someone is injured. 

彥智0
Level 2
永康里, Taiwan

Yes,  we provide Flywheel at the home stay.

Hi Elisa, thank you for your question.

I provide a simple yoga mat along with a pair of dumbbells, that's it.

Hope this helps 🙂

Tom4518
Level 2
Chicago, IL

I don't provide gym equipment because of the liability if someone hurts themselves. Sure, I have insurance for such matters, but I'm sure it's a major pain and I'd prefer not to find out. It's so easy for someone to hurt themselves by straining too hard (hernia), dropping plates on their feet, using them improperly, etc, etc. 

Sheryl39
Level 2
Nashua, NH

People come to my house for its connection to the outdoors: hiking, biking, kayaking and skiing. I provide links to trails and also places where they can rent equipment. There is a yoga mat in one of the bedrooms, but I don't think anyone feels bereft about the lack of a gym. That's not why they come to Sunapee, NH!

דליה1
Level 1
Holon, Israel

I only have few little things for yoga but near by for free has equipment but it is a good idea to have