Do you provide gym equipment in your listing?

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you provide gym equipment in your listing?

885424623293562192-18 (1).jpg

Hi everyone,

As people are turning towards a healthy lifestyle, it might be interesting to include gym or yoga equipments to the listing. I'm curious to know if the hosts in our community provide any fitness gear for guests? 

Do you go with simple equipments such as dumbbells 🏋🏻, yoga mats 🧘🏻‍♀️ or treadmills 🏃? 

How do your guests react to having such fitness amenities?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Regards,
Elisa

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
112 Replies 112
Yvonne1012
Level 1
South Africa

Hi Elisa,

No, sorry we do not have a gym or supply any gym equipment.

Regards

Yvonne

Hi @Yvonne1012 😊

Thank you for participating!

Why don't you provide any workout equipment? Are you planning to add this for your guests in the future?

Warm regards, 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

We provide bikes, surf boards, yoga mats, dumbbells, skipping ropes. We have it listed as an amenity but it’s not something we advertise much, and guests don’t tend to use them as much as I would have expected. 

Hi @Vanessa2459 😊,

You offer fantastic amenities!😍

However, it’s interesting that guests don’t use them as much as expected.

Have you considered ways to promote these activities to encourage more of your guests?

Warm regards, 🌻

-----

I have but perhaps you may have ideas on how to promote these activities more effectively? 

We do not provide exercise equipment in our short term vacation property. There is a lake to paddle or swim in and trails to walk or run on if a guest fees the need to exercise. The liability increase and minimal if any benefit to the bottom line makes it a none starter.

Hi @Violet321 😊

Thank you for participating!

I totally understand your point.

I am curious, have you noticed if guests take advantage of the lake and trails during their stay?

Warm regards, 🌻

-----

Stevo-Farm0
Level 2
Nana Glen, Australia

Hi Elisa,

We have a small cottage so no gym equipment, but I do provide electric bikes and kayaks on premises with safety gear for guests to use at no extra charge. Guest need to sign a waiver prior to use.

Hi @Stevo-Farm0 😊,

That sounds like a fantastic way to enjoy the outdoors! 😍

What did you include in the waiver? How did you come up with this idea?

Warm regards, 🌻

-----

Valerie1486
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

No I  do not not provide gym equipment. I believe it may be a liability if someone is injured. 

Hi @Valerie1486 😊,

Thank you for sharing this here!

I totally understand your point. Have you ever heard of an accident from other Hosts in this kind of situation, or do you prefer just to prevent any risks?

Warm regards, 🌻

-----

Hi Elisa,

No I haven't heard of other hosts dealing with this kind of situation. I just prefer not to take on the risk, mostly because the house has a kids room and I don't want them to hurt themselves if they get overly curious with a treadmill or weight bench. I also don't offer bikes because the house is on a hill and though it is fun, from personal experience. I imagine someone getting a little too adventurous and hurting themselves that way too. Just my take on it. 😁 

彥智0
Level 2
永康里, Taiwan

Yes,  we provide Flywheel at the home stay.

Hi @彥智0 😊

Thank you for sharing this here! 

That's marvelous, it's the first time I’ve read about this. 😍

How did you come up with the idea? Are your guests happy about that?

Warm regards🌻

-----

What's a Flywheel?