Do you provide gym equipment in your listing?

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you provide gym equipment in your listing?

885424623293562192-18 (1).jpg

Hi everyone,

As people are turning towards a healthy lifestyle, it might be interesting to include gym or yoga equipments to the listing. I'm curious to know if the hosts in our community provide any fitness gear for guests? 

Do you go with simple equipments such as dumbbells 🏋🏻, yoga mats 🧘🏻‍♀️ or treadmills 🏃? 

How do your guests react to having such fitness amenities?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Regards,
Elisa

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
116 Replies 116

What's a Flywheel? 

Hi Elisa, thank you for your question.

I provide a simple yoga mat along with a pair of dumbbells, that's it.

Hope this helps 🙂

Hi @Shreetoma0 😊

Thank you for participating!

That's very nice. Do your guests use them?

Warm regards🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Tom4518
Level 2
Chicago, IL

I don't provide gym equipment because of the liability if someone hurts themselves. Sure, I have insurance for such matters, but I'm sure it's a major pain and I'd prefer not to find out. It's so easy for someone to hurt themselves by straining too hard (hernia), dropping plates on their feet, using them improperly, etc, etc. 

Hi @Tom4518 😊,

I get your point, it makes sense to prioritize safety and avoid potential liability!

Have you noticed if guests typically seek out other ways to stay active during their stay?

Warm regards🌻

-----

Sheryl39
Level 2
Nashua, NH

People come to my house for its connection to the outdoors: hiking, biking, kayaking and skiing. I provide links to trails and also places where they can rent equipment. There is a yoga mat in one of the bedrooms, but I don't think anyone feels bereft about the lack of a gym. That's not why they come to Sunapee, NH!

Hi @Sheryl39 😊,

You offer fantastic outdoor options for your guests! 😍

Do you find that guests often take advantage of the trails and rental locations you recommend?

Warm regards🌻

-----

דליה1
Level 1
Holon, Israel

I only have few little things for yoga but near by for free has equipment but it is a good idea to have 

Hi @דליה1 😊

Thank you for sharing this here!

I am curious, what kind of equipment do you have for free nearby?

Warm regards🌻

-----

Bike,machines for arms, legs, back  and ex it’s in the garden I will photo and send you 

Hello Elisa,

Unfortunately, I don' t but might now consider something as you have mentioned it

its a great idea should one have the space.  Many thanks

Veronica

Hi @Veronica1232 😊

I am glad you have found inspiration here!

What are you considering adding? Do you have any ideas so far?

Warm regards🌻

-----

Hello Elisa, No, I do not provide a gym equipment but there is a professional gym area in the same building,  where guests can access with daily fee.

Thanks Sonny

Hi @Sonny69 😊

Thank you for sharing this with other Hosts! 

This is great! How much is the daily fee? Do your guests use it often?

Warm regards🌻

-----

Silvester10
Level 1
Nairobi, Kenya

Unfortunately no as the space is limited and Crossfit fitness centre neighbours the apartment.