Duplicate a listing

Duplicate a listing

Can you tell me how to duplicate a listing?

I read on the community page that you go in to your listing page and at the far right click the 3 dots but I do not have the option to duplicate there.

Please tell me how to do this.

Thank you,

Adele

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Adele418 

The option with the "..." (show drop down menu) is on the page wich shows multiple listings (maybe first need to scroll the right):  Listings

Alternative is :

At top of the listing is a button "create another listing" (or similar text) , after clicking on it the system is asking if you want to create new one or to duplicate the current one.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Adele418 when you find where to do this then you also need to know that not all of the listing will duplicate. Airbnb are sneaky and will default the so called duplicate to, for example,  a flexible cancellation policy with Instant Book. Basically whilst duplicating absolutely saves time you still need to edit each section carefully.

I'm glad someone else has flagged this. I only noticed this after a booking had been made. Everything in my gut told me to cancel the booking, but Airbnb make this impossible if you want to retain Superhost. Of course 30 hours prior to check in (they'd booked 6 weeks earlier) the guest cancelled. They were a 12 hour flight away, and their reassurances that they were coming were clearly hollow, as they'd be about to book a cab to the airport at that point. To add insult to injury I had to turn down a return customer who wanted to stay for 2 weeks partially blocked by this fully flexible booking error. I've lost thousands of revenue.  

Other things not copied include the cleaning fee. Again, I had to wear the cost for a few bookings that were made before I noticed.  

I have more than one listing as it's the only  reliable way I can reliably manage varying lengths of minimum stay requirements to fill different vacancy gaps appropriately. Yes there is the ability to set season requirements. However this fails if you get a cancellation either side followed by a new booking before you can change your seasonal requirements to match, as I've also learnt to my cost. I have an ultra high demand night (NYE in a nightlife area) that will not be booked as it's sandwiched between other bookings, and letting it as a one night booking is full of risk. 

My listings never cross over with each other in searches as I manage their calendars appropriately. And there is nothing specifically saying this is not allowed in the terms of service.  

However it should't be necessary at all. The calendar functionality is too basic and needs improvement.

Finally, I agree that it's revealing that my cancellation policy was changed from Firm to Flexible, instead of being changed to Strict for example. If you believe that was a coincidence, then I have some beans to sell you.