Furnished 3 bed for rent while we on holiday abroad

Ashleigh114
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Furnished 3 bed for rent while we on holiday abroad

Blouberg south africa.  Looking for someone to rent and look after our 2 daschunds whilst we are abroad. 

7min from beach, 3 bedroom in complex, small garden, free uncapped wifi work ups. 

Is this possible on Airbnb and how do I go about it

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ashleigh114 Anything is possible - Just create a listing and off you go. I personally would worry about a stranger looking after our animals though. You certainly do not want Instant Book enabled. Do also check you won't invalidate your insurance and any mortgage you may have on the property.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I don't think it's reasonable to expect paying guests to look after your pets @Ashleigh114 . If you have checked STR regulations for your area and are able to do STR then yes you can list on Airbnb but you would need to find care for your pets.

Alternatively you can use a home pet sitting service where people stay for free in return for looking after your pets.

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Ashleigh114 
I did a home exchange in Blouberg last January.
I remember that the homeowner association had stringent rules about renting to tourists.
Did you already check that that could be the case with you too?

We took long day trips. I imagine that other guests will do the same. Can your dogs handle that guest being away for a whole day?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Ashleigh114 , have you had the chance to read the suggestions from our amazing Hosts?

Keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad