Guest Sleeping Habits

Louise18
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

Guest Sleeping Habits

I have noticed that some guests do not sleep between the sheets. Instead they sleep between the top sheet and the bedspread. Can anyone shed some light on this. I have replaced my original bedspreads (dry clean only) with the washing maching variety. Thanks

46 Replies 46
Liz4105
Level 2
Schroon Lake, NY

This has been very interesting for me to read, as I have had the same problem with guests sleeping on top of the bedding instead of between the sheets. I’m tired of having to wash bedspreads and comforters that are bulky and big.

I know several people that bring their own sheets with them when they travel. I think it’s a matter of not trusting the sheets are washed properly and people are just wanting to use their own sheets.  They are scared they will pick up the cooties or crabs......who knows.

I stayed in a lovely brownstone apartment in NYC. The hosts were very experienced and professional.  The beds were made up with just the bottom and top sheet, and a nice blanket folded fancy and placed at the bottom. Pillows were up at head of bed with lovely red throw pillows to match some red in the fancy blanket. It looked lovely, but simple.

I like the idea of folding down the top sheet and blanket quite a ways. Then laying all the pillows and throw pillows at the top. 
I want to eliminate using the bulky and expensive bedspreads as they’re too much work to wash and dry.  I don’t want to mess with pulling off a duvet cover and putting it back on every time.  I want simple but nice, easy but especially easy to keep washed and sanitary in this age of COVID. 
 Great ideas on this thread.  Thanks for suggestions......

Bronwyn100
Level 10
Hardys Bay, Australia

Fold the sheet back over the top of the  doona and they will always seep between the sheets.