How do you keep your towels soft?

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How do you keep your towels soft?

Towels.jpeg

Hello hosts 👋🏽

We know that providing soft and fluffy towels is essential for a great guest experience. Maintaining their softness can be a challenge, especially with frequent use and washings 😞

I have read in the community that some hosts prefer to use natural products to keep towels soft, such as vinegar, which in addition to providing a delicate texture, does not leave any odour 🤔

How do you keep your towels soft and luxurious for your guests? Do you have any special tricks or techniques that you swear by? Share your wisdom and tips below 👇🏽

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

58 Replies 58

I have read this related material - The benefits of using food vinegar in washing clothes:
1. Eliminate musty smell
2. Soften clothes.
3. Get rid of animal hair that sticks to clothes
4. Remove stubborn dirt
5. Sticky cigarette smell

Air dry!!!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Murray102, thank you so much for sharing your strategy. Do you use any special product when washing? Or does air drying make them softer?

Best regards.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @IBUsamah0

Thank you so much for sharing these benefits. Have you tried washing the towels with vinegar yourself? Have you gotten good results?

Keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@Sophia 

I bought a clothes dryer (gas, as we are off-grid and without 220 power) to run, without heat, to soften and fluff our line-dried towels for guests. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kitty-and-Creek0, that sounds like a great solution! Thanks for sharing it 💛

-----

Valda35
Level 2
Bridgetown, Barbados

I machine wash the towels in cold water and use softener. Since I use white towels, I also put in Clorox or equivalent but moderate enough not to make the towels too hard. I do not use vinegar but will certainly consider.

The towels dry outside on the line dryer (given generally sunny conditions and windy, at times).

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hey @Valda35, I hope everything is well with you 😊

Thanks so much for sharing your strategies. Keep us posted once you've tried the vinegar and let us know what results you get.

Regards 🌻

-----

Dee1846
Level 2
Rochester, NY

I heard of and now I add a dry towel or small dry towels to the dryer.  Somehow the washed towels come out flufy and soft🙂

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for sharing this tip @Dee1846😊 

-----

Petra809
Level 2
Ripenda Kosi, Croatia

I always dry my towels and linen on the sun , shake and squeeze my towels before folding. They are always soft .

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing @Petra809 🙌🏽
I've never thought of shaking and squeezing towels before folding, I will give this a go! 😀
I wish the British weather would allow us to air-dry our laundry in the glorious sunshine ☀️
but unfortunately weather can be quite unpredictable 😥

-----

Ronan113
Level 2
Vincennes, France

I use for my towels a conforter solution as well as correct temperature (60 degrees) and 1200

rpm, best regards 

ronan
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you sharing @Ronan113 😊

-----