How do you keep your towels soft?

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How do you keep your towels soft?

Towels.jpeg

Hello hosts 👋🏽

We know that providing soft and fluffy towels is essential for a great guest experience. Maintaining their softness can be a challenge, especially with frequent use and washings 😞

I have read in the community that some hosts prefer to use natural products to keep towels soft, such as vinegar, which in addition to providing a delicate texture, does not leave any odour 🤔

How do you keep your towels soft and luxurious for your guests? Do you have any special tricks or techniques that you swear by? Share your wisdom and tips below 👇🏽

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

58 Replies 58
Garry154
Level 2
Whitby, Canada

Fabric softener is all we use.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Garry154, what differences have you noticed using fabric softener? compared to not using it? Sorry if it's a silly question 😅

-----

Terrie48
Level 2
Aransas Pass, TX

I have iron rich well Water so I use a salt-based water softener for my indoor plumbing needs. I use Downey fabric softener every other wash load. If you use too much of it, they seem to be less absorbent something I noticed with my own towels.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Something to be aware of and to note, thanks for giving a heads up! 😊 @Terrie48 

-----

Veena49
Level 2
Fremont, CA

@@Sophia 

Few tips  -

Use vinegar instead of fabric softener. Works wonders. I fill the fabric softener spot about halfway. Don't want to use too much or your towels will smell like it. Fabric softener actually reduces the absorbency of your towels.

Using high heat or leaving your towels in the dryer too long can make them rough. Ideally, you should dry your towels fully on low heat.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for sharing your top tips @Veena49 😊

I'm sure these will be really useful to fellow hosts 🙌🏽

-----

Razvan46
Level 2
Pângărăcior, Romania

3 spoons of distiled wine vinegar per one charge.

Brux0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

will try this.  thanks 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do let us know how you get on with trying this method @Brux0 😊

-----

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Appreciate you sharing the instructions 🙏🏽 @Razvan46 

-----

Μαρία34
Level 2
Thessaloniki, Greece

I put white vinegar and laundry detegrent  in the washing machine and I always use the clothes dryer.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Μαρία34, thanks for sharing your tips! 😊

-----

Muhammad438
Level 2
Lisburn, United Kingdom

Well, it's not at all difficult. once a towel is re used so many times it gets hard. to best way to keep towels soft are 1. never re use a towel after shower. 2. always wash towels in baby shampoos with fabric softeners.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Muhammad438, I was wondering do you mean to hand-wash the towels? or use a washing machine? 👀

-----

Valda35
Level 2
Bridgetown, Barbados

I use only white towels and my primary concern is that the towels are white and soft. So I only wash (washing machine)  in hot, rinse in cold; and use detergent, Clorox or equivalent and the softener varies. I hang outside on the lines (given mostly hot/warm and windy conditions here). 

I will try the vinegar though. Thanks.