How often do you replace pots and pans?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

How often do you replace pots and pans?

40129811-35.jpg

Having the right tools and utensils in the kitchen can make our lives so much easier. Although, pots and pans appear to be a pretty basic requirement in the kitchen , they are super essential to cook delicious meals and delicacies 😉 .

There exists variety of cookware ranging from stainless steel, non-stick pans, cast-iron to ceramic cookware and so on. All of us may consider different factors to choose one that suits best our budget and cooking requirements. However, despite all the initial considerations while buying these , like all tools, they can eventually wear out and may need replacing. 

So, we'd love to hear from our Hosts what factors do you consider while buying these basic tools like pans and pots? Do you use stainless steel, non-stick pans, cast-iron to ceramic cookware? How often do you replace your pots and pans in the kitchen? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

82 Replies 82
Eliana373
Level 1
Distrito Federal, Brazil

Procuro utilizar utensílios e boa qualidade e sofisticação,  panelas de cerâmica e antiaderente, e troco sempre q necessário,  mantendo-as sempre em bom estado.  

[Translation added by Community Manager] 

I try to use quality and sophisticated utensils, ceramic and non-stick panels, and equipment that is always necessary, always keeping it in good condition.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Eliana373 , that's a great approach! Do you have any tips or suggestions for other Hosts to keep these variety of cookware in top condition? I'm sure other Host members would appreciate your tips 🌻

-----

Those are almost new, then I haven’t need to replace them by the time

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

That's great @Adriano351 , which type of cookware do you provide in your listing? Do you go with stainless steel or non stick? these both options have been most favoured and cost effective so far in the discussion on this thread. We'd love to hear how you think of it! 🌻

-----

Fiona256
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

A few years ago I hunted for really heavy ones as guests kept ruiining my previous stainless ones by putting them on too high gas settings. Several years later they are still doing well.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Fiona256 , that's such a good point about having durable cookware💡 It's impressive that your initial investment on buying heavy and quality ones have paid off, and they're still holding up well after several years.😍

Which is the go-to brand or type of cookware that you've always preferred? Do you also keep some non-stick ones along with the stainless steel pots/pans for guests to use?

-----

As and when they need replacing.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Amazing @Philip2240 ! do you prefer any specific brand or type of cookware? Hosts have commented their preferences as either non stick or stainless steel. Do you go with the same? or prefer ceramic ones?

-----

Nohad0
Level 2
Venezuela

Hello! . I replace them when I see that they need to be changed. There is no specific time.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Many hosts would agree to that @Nohad0 ! Thanks for sharing how you deal with it🌻 

When was the last time you had to replace the cookware and why? 😉

-----

Nita1688
Level 2
Canton, GA

As needed.  I replaced a small teflon skillet when I was last at our condo.  That was in May 2024.  Earlier in the year I replaced a baking sheet and added a brownie pan.  Guests do not seem to try to take care of cooking pots and pans so much so I normally replace several commonly used pots or pans throughout the year as I feel a new one is needed.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Nita1688 , that makes so much sense to replace these items as and when needed or when they completely wear out! Many Hosts have mentioned in their comments that their guests usually don't cook at the listing and prefer to visit nearby restaurants. Do your guests frequently use these items? 

Do you find that replacing/providing kitchen items frequently has improved guest satisfaction and reviews? 

-----

Ying330
Level 1
Sunnyvale, CA

根据用具的磨损情况决定重新添置 

[Google translation added by Community Manager] 

Replace equipment based on wear and tear

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you for sharing @Ying330 ! Do you prefer any specific brand or type of pans or pots? Host favorites to this question till now has been stainless steel and non-stick. What do you prefer? 😃

-----

William2359
Level 1
Stamford, CT

The items in my kitchen get a lot of use.  I'm constantly replacing