Let's talk Comforters!

Tom41
Level 3
Houston, TX

Let's talk Comforters!

I would love to hear some thoughts from other hosts regarding the comforter that you provide for your bedding.  I try to provide a balance of style with a budget.  I am currently using comforters that cost me $40 at local budget stores.  But how many guests pass through before the stains begin to appear?  And the cleaning bill (if I do not launder it)  is about $35.  That is cost prohibitive.   I had a certain comforter once, and when I laundered it, the inside stuffing was ruined and I threw it away.  But maybe that was just a cheap product.    Well, I am searching for some new ideas. 

34 Replies 34

So do you just wash the duvet cover ? In between rentals ? 

I found best comforter for your need: 

We are excited to this offer customers a wide variety of high-quality bedding collections. This goal is to provide you with the perfect combination of style, comfort, and durability.

You'll love this bedding collection! These is top products, including bed sheets, fitted sheets, bed skirts, blankets, pillows, pillow covers, mattress toppers, duvet covers, quilts, and comforters.

We are not here to buy or sell products. This was a question in relation to the comforter to the cleaning 

@Muhammad287 

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

There should never be any stains. If there are stains that can not be washed away, we throw away this duvet cover.

We wash the duvet/comforter covers every time after guest checks out and replace with new ones. 

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Tom41 we a quilt/comforter with a cover. Cover changed every time between guests. 

The same quilt is not put back on the bed, it is rested and aired for  about 4 hours then bacteria sprayed and misses a turn.

The quilt is spot checked and spot cleaned if necessary and sent to Laundry. Otherwise they are sent every 12 weeks.

We must have less active Guests in bed as I have not had to address this problem yet in 3 years.