Communal Pool Closures Paphos

Answered!
Nico7011
Level 1
Littleborough, United Kingdom

Communal Pool Closures Paphos

Hi, has anyone else experienced this ridiculous law going around Paphos at the moment? We've had our pool closed by our complex committee over fears they will be fined by the municipality for not having this outdated communal pool licence that requires a full time life guard on duty at all opening times of the pool. 

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Nico7011  At the very least, remove the pool from your amenities list and your pictures until your community resolves the issue.  I know that this may cause you to have trouble promoting your listing, but you won't risk getting dinged by by AirBnB or having to provide full refunds to guests who complain that a primary amenity was not offered.  

I would then take it up with your community committee as to when they will resolve the issue and get the pool correctly licensed and available.  If you are paying fees for this amenity, you should be able to get some action.  

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Nico7011  At the very least, remove the pool from your amenities list and your pictures until your community resolves the issue.  I know that this may cause you to have trouble promoting your listing, but you won't risk getting dinged by by AirBnB or having to provide full refunds to guests who complain that a primary amenity was not offered.  

I would then take it up with your community committee as to when they will resolve the issue and get the pool correctly licensed and available.  If you are paying fees for this amenity, you should be able to get some action.  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

To add to the useful feedback from  @Lorna170  - @Nico7011  you need to contact any guests who have booked to advise them the pool has been temporarily closed and you are waiting to hear back as to when it might reopen.

Is there a pool nearby where you can pay a day rate for your guests to attend? You are likely to need to offer a discount if a pool isn't available. 

I believe guests  are within their right to cancel penalty free if a key amenity like a pool isn't going to be available.

Due to maintenance requirements, the communal pools in Paphos will be temporarily closed starting 1/29/2024. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding as we work to ensure a safe and enjoyable swimming environment. Please check with local authorities or community management for updates on the reopening schedule. Thank you for your cooperation.