Limit the number of adults

Andrea1384
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Limit the number of adults

Hi I would like to limit the number of adults able to book our accommodation. 

We have beds for up to 10 people but would like to specify 6 adults and 4 children. Not just beds for 10 people.

Is there a setting that allows for this like Stayz has?

We feel this may help us to target families more over groups of friends planning parties. 

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Andrea1384  No, a function like that doesn't exist on Airbnb. 

@Andrea1384  It's a good idea, but not possible as a setting on Airbnb. If you don't use Instant Book, you can assess the age distribution of each request and decline those that don't fit your requirements. Perhaps a maximum stay of 6 on Airbnb, but 10 for a platform that isn't as notorious for parties and let's you charge a real deposit. 

I notice that some hosts who list on multiple platforms set different parameters according to the quirks of each. 

Enri1804
Level 10
North Topsail Beach, NC

@Andrea1384 I have the same issue. Have asked AirBnB to help/fix asap but none yet. It seems to me that since they ask how many adults and how many kids for all bookings, they we should be able to set that parameter so it matches to the appropriate ages. Even though I explain in detail in my listing and rules, I still get requests and questions. We have a Murphy bed and twin bunk beds unsuitable for couples and most adults. It could end up being a safety or damage issue if AirBnB doesn’t help tweak the setting.

Hi Andrea.   Did you ever find a way to limit or list the  max# of adults? 

We are in the same situation.