Currently debating a hot tub, but what size if we go for it?

Answered!
Annette76
Level 10
Cherry Log, GA

Currently debating a hot tub, but what size if we go for it?

I’m on the fence regarding a hot tub. I’m in the north Georgia mountains and it seems like a large portion of the higher end rentals offer a hot tub. As I’m on site(I live in the detached carriage house apartment), I will be nearby for issues. But while I’m researching it occurred to me to ask what size would be best. My cabin has 3 bedrooms with king beds and a bunkroom that could sleep a couple more adults, or 4-6 kids. So my occupancy can be 8 to 12 depending. After some reading here and on other sites for vacation rental info, it seems like a bigger hot tub is a pain maintenance wise, in that it takes much longer to empty, fill, and get up to temperature. So do most people do a 4 or maybe a 6 person tub, regardless of the occupancy size of their rental? 

1 Best Answer
Shannon809
Level 2
Woodland Park, CO

Hi @Annette76 ! 

This is a great question I have pondered myself. I am in the mountains of Colorado and ditto - a lot of listings have hot tubs! I chose not to get one! If you decide you'd love to add one I would suggest having a hot tub at your home that will come closest to seating the number of guests you have your listing set for in the Airbnb system! I would also encourage you to add under your listing description when you share about your hot tub how many guests it can comfortably seat. Adding it as a small one-liner in the caption of your hot tub photo would help too!  Hope that helps! 🙂 

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Shannon809
Level 2
Woodland Park, CO

Hi @Annette76 ! 

This is a great question I have pondered myself. I am in the mountains of Colorado and ditto - a lot of listings have hot tubs! I chose not to get one! If you decide you'd love to add one I would suggest having a hot tub at your home that will come closest to seating the number of guests you have your listing set for in the Airbnb system! I would also encourage you to add under your listing description when you share about your hot tub how many guests it can comfortably seat. Adding it as a small one-liner in the caption of your hot tub photo would help too!  Hope that helps! 🙂