Looking for remote lock recommendations, in Germany

Margit1
Level 1
Cologne, Germany

Looking for remote lock recommendations, in Germany

Hi,

We are new here and saw the airbnb recommendation for remote locks (here in germany): RemoteLock 500i

As an alternative i found the Yale ENTR or the August Smart Lock (and the startup Nuki)

But the reviews i found on amazon for example are mostly poor...

Has somebody here real hands on experience with any kind of remote lock and wants to share the experience with the community?

many thanks,

Michael

81 Replies 81

Bonjour Florent, 

Avez-vous trouvé réponse à votre question ? 

Merci d'avance

Baptiste

Byron2
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

I'm using the Kwikset SmartCode 916 and have also used the Schlage Connect. They are both open Z-wave locks. I use an Aeotec Z-stick Gen5 controller and InControlHA software to remotely lock/unlock and manage user lock codes. It works great! I just wish it was more automated. The pros are that you just purchase the lock, software and controller and there's no montly fees. The cons are that you have to manually manage the lock codes for your guests. If you like this solution, please add a comment on the InControlHA feature request post for adding Airbnb API support. http://store.incontrolzwave.com/boards/topic/962/airbnb-api-and-lock-codes-by-date

Hi, I'm a host some time ago and developer of RentingLock.com 

I don't know if me, writing about my product is against Airbnb policy, but I hope no. Because its not only some advertisement .

I made it for with hosts which have problems, and we think that is some kind of innovation.
We know companies where our competitors make similar locks with simil
ar soft, but we are the only one who have e.g.:
- 100% offline locks
- integrity with channel managers
- possibility to personalise API
- we don't need power (so it can be used even in power/wifi less place)
- web application

And as I observe a smart lock market, they are little more expensive. 

So guys, let me know what do you think about stuff like that.

Would you like to install it at your apartments, if no - tell me why ? 

I use the lockstate resortlock for several years and love it! Highly recommended. They are officially partnered with Airbnb and push the newer wifi locks but I love my older offline one of you don't want to spring the extra $$$

http://www.lockstate.com/airbnb-host-assist/

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

I saw in the amazon website that there are a lot poor review about the LockState products. Most of the reviews are 80% poor. be aware of this company

https://www.amazon.com/RemoteLock-LS-5i-Deadbolt-WiFi-Enabled-Nickel/dp/B00HHCXF6A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF...

more poor reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/LockState-L500i-SN-Remote-Programmable-Electronic/dp/B00HHCXF6K/ref=sr_1_3?ie...

Where can I find the older model like you have? 

Suites-and-More0
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

Hi Stuart,

we are very interested in the Remotelock 6i. Please let us know how to get in contact with you to ask for compatibility, transport costs and the discount code ;)...

Thank you!

Hi there, 

best to visit our website, there you will find our contact details.

kind regards, Stuart - smartlock 

Chris131
Level 2
Mission Viejo, CA

What exactly does the Airbnb integration do? Can you make and change codes right from the website? Will it message the guest their code for you?

It may depend on the provider/partner I use lockstate and an email with the appropriate access code is automatically generated and sent to the guest upon booking.

I have recommended that the code be sent 7 or 14 days prior but it does work well.

I highly recommend the resortlock algorithmic lock like the RL2000 price point is reasonable does not require wifi/internet, very reliable great customer service.

Hi Chris,

With the Lockstate - airbnb integration, when your guest books, they automaitically get sent an email with the access code for the duration of their stay. You as the host don't have to do anything. When you use the Lockstate management portal you will see the booking and you can if required make changes. This applies to the Remotelock 5i & 6i, with the non wi-fi Resortlock you cannot change the code or times.

Kind regards,

Stuart

Stuart,

What are the main differences between the 6i and 5i?

thanks,

leesa

Stuart4
Level 3
Hove, United Kingdom

Hello Leesa,

Both the 5i and 6i use the same online portal for access management. The 5i is aimed at howeowners whereas the 6i is designed for the rental market. Both are robust but the 6i is heavier and has a more immediate locking mechanism and a tamperproof battery cover. The 5i should be installed in a sheltered location whereas the 6i can be exposed to bad weather.  The 6i comes in a mortice version meaning that it can interface with many existing mortice latches.  

Kind regards, 

Stuart - smartlock UK

Only word on wifi algorithmic lock?  I love my RL2000 but would love to be able to program it remotely but network still spotty and don't want to rely on it. 

Hi Andrew,

The RL2000 does not have wifi functionality. You can create codes using the Lockstate online portal and this is free.

Kind regards,

Stuart