Wheelchair access

Wheelchair access

How do i update new photos of access to rooms for disability access to rooms. It still says it's pending. I have send photos before but not being accepted. 

4 Replies 4
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Angela4021 

The way I understand it, these photos have to be reviewed by a person, so it takes a while. They want to see the full access path and many of us tend to photograph only part of it. You will have to wait to see whether your photos are accepted. If not, the parh is probably not fully captured according to guidelines.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Angela4021 👋

What a great question! Have you received a reply from Airbnb about the disability access now? It would be great to hear about the process from you. I think it'll be really beneficial for other Hosts to understand how it works. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Rebecca, no I still haven't heard how I can upload photos for Wheelchair assess to my Airbnb. Still says status in review

@Angela4021 

Just some wheelchair thoughts from a wheel chairuser haha

From our standpoint we  are looking a bit more than Airbnb... lol

I can brush my teeth no cabinet  under the sink.

My wheelchair is 38 inches wide. to use thee toilet or the shower I have to transfer out of my chair. I need some type of support to do that and yours are close together.  Soif a walker is 40 inches will I have space to stand up and turn around.  I think the length on my chair is 48 inches, mine is electric.  I put in a new walk in tub that didn't and I found this real simple tension handicap grab grab pole on Amazon   and it is  incredible and no tools.

Your  rooms are beautiful but would be a nightmare for me once I got in a room.  Beside your beds looks to narrow for my chair, getting around the table and chairs in kitchen I am going to worry about bumping beautiful wood chairs with my 200 lb motorized  wheelchair