Where should I print instruction cards?

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Where should I print instruction cards?

I am keeping notes around the house to the minimum both in quantity and size. I only have door instructions on the door frame and one or two other house specific notes, depending on the property, something I get asked all the time. This are one or two lines of text.

I now have a new TV set up and this set of instructions needs to be longer, answering all potential questions (how to connect your own device etc). It is about half a printed page. It would go under the TV. I do not want to laminate it because laminate does not hold tape well. Picture frame is another option but I want this permanently attached with an ability to put a remote on top.

Any other suggestions?

2 Replies 2
Patti-And-Marty0
Level 10
East Fremantle, Australia

Hi @Inna22 

I do the same with brief notes or labels only where necessary and it's helped a lot. I travel a lot as well and appreciate it myself. For more detailed instructions don't you have a House Manual or similar that you leave on the kitchen table or where they can't miss it. You can still put a one line "Instructions in House Manual" on or near the TV itself.

@Patti-And-Marty0 yes, I have a thorough house book with instructions, directions to the grocery store etc. I think it would be annoying for guests to be send to the house book to find out how to work the TV. I also state on it that there is a fine for messing with it and I want people to see it.