Recent Events in Paris - Update

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Recent Events in Paris - Update

Hello Airbnb Open Attendees,

We are saddened and heartbroken by the events in Paris overnight. Our top priority is making sure our Open attendees and employees are safe.

All events related to Airbnb Open that were scheduled to take place today have been cancelled. We understand that many of you would like to reconnect before you leave Paris and we hope you are able to do that before you leave. At this point, local authorities are asking people to stay where they are until further notice, so we encourage you to do so.

Please always follow the direction of local officials—they continue to be the best source of information to stay safe. In case of an emergency in Paris, dial 112 on any mobile phone or landline.

Local officials are providing updates in French via Twitter @prefpolice and @paris as well as online here.  

The news media is also providing regular updates.

If you have any questions regarding Airbnb Open or your stay in Paris, our team are here for you please find the contact details below.

Support in French +33 1 84 88 40 00

Support in English +44 203 318 1111 or +1-855-424-7262

Please stay safe and you are not alone, we are here for you.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

17 Replies 17
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

A quick update:

Heads up to all of you Hosts who are attending the Airbnb Open in Paris, you might be getting a call from Airbnb at some point if you haven't already, to check that you are all ok! We are also working at the moment on providing a status update within the App.

Stay safe. 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

All safe!

Paul, Laura, and Lauren Bentz
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Laura5,

It is fantastic to hear you, Paul and Lauren are all safe. Thank you for taking the time to post, I will make sure our records are updated.

--------------------

Albena Trandeva and Nikolay Georgiev - we are safe!
Thank you for your concern!
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Albena0 and Nikolay,

Thank you so much for letting us know that you are safe, this is great news and really comforting to hear. I will make sure our information is updated. 

--------------------

Hi this is Margie and Joe from Atlanta GA and we are all safe.  We did unfortunately come directly thru an attack here in the 11th Friday night.  This makes me even happier to report we are all safe in the 11th!

Jo0
Level 1
Los Angeles, California, United States

Hey Margie! 

Too bad we didn't get to connect in Paris. So happy to hear that you and Joe are ok!

Maria Fernanda Gromann - safe. 

Ellen0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oi @Maria-Fernanda0,

Que bom que a volta para casa foi tranquila! Obrigada por deixar o recadinho aqui, vamos repassar ao Airbnb.

Fica bem!

Clique aqui  e conte para a gente quem foram os seus primeiros hóspedes!! 
Não esqueça de clicar no "CURTIR" quando gostar de um post 😄

HOST VOICE está online! Tem uma ideia para um novo produto ou melhorias no site? Clique aqui e sugira ao Airbnb.

Hey!

Anderson & Laryssa Gordo safe!

Special thanks to our Community Manager, Nataly Bonato, who did beyond her best to make sure all brazilian team were ok!

We hope all Airbnb staff are also safe and great. It have been an amazing time, despite this scary and sad attacks.

\○/

Ellen0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Anderson-and-Laryssa0,

I'm glad to hear you and Laryssa are ok. Thanks a lot for confirming and we'll make sure our information is updated.

Nátaly is a star! I'm very happy had the opportunity to meet her personaly at AO and from now be able to share ideas and work together with the Brazilian team 😄

Obrigada Anderson mais uma vez por estar participando aqui da nossa nova comunidade! Espero que este espaço sirva para conectar ainda mais a comunidade no Brasil e que todos possam aprender e compartilhar muitas ideias.

Fiquem bem!

Grande abraço 🙂

Clique aqui  e conte para a gente quem foram os seus primeiros hóspedes!! 
Não esqueça de clicar no "CURTIR" quando gostar de um post 😄

HOST VOICE está online! Tem uma ideia para um novo produto ou melhorias no site? Clique aqui e sugira ao Airbnb.

Loreta0
Level 1
Cathedral City, California, United States

We are all safe.

if anybody needs accommodation please contact me. ***
I have a 2bdm sleeps 8 people through Wednesday.
Be safe.
Loreta

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know you are safe, it is really good to hear. I will make sure our records are updated.

@Anderson-and-Laryssa0, I am so pleased to hear you had an amazing time during the Airbnb Open, I will pass your kind words over to the team. 

@Loreta0, it is really lovely of you to offer your accomodation 🙂

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Loreta0,

I hope you are well. I just wanted to let you know that I have now edited your original post, as it is contained your email address which is personal information. The forum is publicly visable and so their are obvious safety concerns to be aware of.

Thank you again for posting this lovely message and offering your help to the community. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and have a good journey back. 🙂

--------------------