Airbnb Open Update

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb Open Update

Airbnb Open - Welcome

Hi everyone,

Many of you are eager for news about the next Airbnb Open, and while we can’t yet share details about where in the world it will be, we can tell you that it will be in 2018.

After three fantastic years of Airbnb Open gatherings in San Francisco, Paris, and Los Angeles, we’ve decided to take more time to plan the next festival of hosting. We’re working on the most innovative and inviting experience yet.

We’ll announce our host city and dates soon and cannot wait to host you for Airbnb Open 2018.

Thanks,

Lizzie

---------------UPDATE---------------

Posted: Jan 24th 2018

I've just posted an update on the status of the Airbnb Open below, click here to read my post. 🙂 

Thanks, Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

93 Replies 93
Lucy170
Level 2
Vermont, United States

Hello,

I have not heard about the "Open." I would like to know more -- and especially if plans are made to include content and discussion of hosting in rural areas. . . 

Hello. I would like to participate AIRBNB Open 2018. When will be the official announcement?

Edward10
Level 2
Saint Louis, MO

Is the open still defiantly happening in 2018?  Or just maybe?

Yes. Need to know so we can plan our lives, book flights etc

Pat111
Level 1
Hendersonville, NC

Lizzie, would you please ask someone who has some answers regarding 2018 AIRBNB OPEN to respond to the hosts who have repeatedly requested information?  

The cancellation of 2017 Airbnb Open came with a promise / commitment/ statement from the owners of AIrbnb that there would be effort and attention for Airbnb 2018.   So far, nothing.  

It is quite frustrating to be associated with a multi-billion dollar company, profiting from our work and our properties, which shows so little regard for the hosts.  It indicates a wreckless and irresponsible management style that is disconcerting. 

@Pat111 @Lizzie I totally agree: I find it really disappointing that it's just being completely ignored.

Rhonda1
Level 2
Kansas, United States

The last post I see is in May 2018 with no info on the 2018 Airbnb Open.  It is now August 11th and I don't see any plans or announcements about it.  Did I miss it or is Airbnb not having one this year?  Would love to attend if I can make plans.  Thanks!

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Lizzie So 2018 eh... leaving it kind of late for the announcement, no? 😄

What's going on? Is there ever going to be another one?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Alexandra316,

Yes, I am afraid it is. I was hoping I would have more information to share with you by now, but unfortunately I don't. 

As soon as I have more knowledge around the Airbnb Open I will share it here in the CC and I will let you know.

Sorry about this. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Gina32
Level 10
Bridport, Australia

Is there going to be an open for 2019? I didn't get notified for one in 2018 so assume there was not an event. I have attended Paris and LA. They are great ways to meet people and here ideas.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Gina32 for your reply here. At the moment, there isn't any update on when the next Airbnb Open will be. As I mention above, I am waiting to hear more on this to provide you all with an update and so as soon as I have more information I will share it here. 

It would be wonderful to have another Open soon though. It is great to hear you have been to the last two. I went to the one in Paris in 2015 and it was fantastic to meet so many amazing hosts.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

I attended Open I, Open II, AND Open III. Really miss having another to bring the majority of us together. I do realize it is a HUGE undertaking.

wow, looking at the threads it seems like you wait a lot for information about airopen. Wish there was better communication among the leadership there, so you could find out more information about 2019 airopen. Maybe they need to hire a team for the Event planning. 

Anita83
Level 4
Balt, MD

Is Airbnb ever going to have another Open?

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Anita83 

Chip Conley, former Airbnb Global Head of Hospitality and Strategy, was the person who conceived and led the Airbnb Open. As a member of the Board of Directors of the Burning Man Project, responsible for the annual Burning Man Festival with up to 70000 attendees yearly, Conley was the only employee who had the skills and experience to lead an event on the scale of the Airbnb Open.

Since he left the company in early 2017, his position remains unfilled, so It's extremely unlikely that there will be another Airbnb Open for the foreseeable future. If ever.