Bookings have stopped

Kirsten166
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Bookings have stopped

I have been a host for over three years and have never had a problem getting bookings and have loved using airbnb.

Then all of a sudden the bookings stopped overnight. I contacted airbnb and did not receive help at all, other than them saying they are unable to disclose why but they can see that it has dropped.

Why does this feel so cryptic? Is anyone else having this issue?

We cant upgrade to airbnb plus as we dont have a kitchen in the unit, could this be why the listing suddenly gets no viewings?

8 Replies 8
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Kirsten166 Welcome to ABB CC from Auckland, New Zealand

Sorry to read you are having issues with bookings, take comfort as it happens to many of us from time to time.

There have been IT glitches from time to time, go through your whole listing, including 'settings' and check everything is correct as there was some crazy things going on a couple of months ago - look up IT glitches in Search box here in CC.

Let us know if things improve.

All the best

I have a problem with the fact Airbnb doesn't advise how they arrive at the amount they will credit you. Twice I've had a guest who books for say 10 days ad advises their girlfriend/mother will be there for 4 of the nights. The booking is logged by Airbnb as 1 person so no money for the second guest for their 4 nights. Pamela   Auckland NZ

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. As @Helen427  mentioned it's definitely worth going back over your listing to check nothing has changed relating to settings.

Maybe ask someone to go onto the platform and take a look at your listing, just to make sure they can find it and it reads ok!  It's also worth checking if anything has changed in your locality e.g. new competitors, competitors lowering their prices etc. 

You could launch a bit of a marketing initiative - look at other platforms, use social media, link up with local attractions etc - really push your place!

I hope things improve for you, keep us posted!

Blanca36
Level 2
California, US

Same Thing happened to me in all of my 4 properties 

Rose422
Level 5
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Kristen, 

How interesting! I have been left bewildered about the same. Came across to your post completely by accident and this is my first post here on Airbnb Community. I had exactly the same problem, must have called Airbnb about five plus times about the same issue. They would look at listing, say everything was ok, I would hang up and nod my head thinking there is something going on they don't tell us. Quite honestly I feel like the platform must be undergoing major changes because of the proposed regulations citywide. As you may have noticed, LA started adding host license numbers. I am in Glendale, CA and at the time City Council was discussing the regulations which was mid September onwards, I had major decline in enquiries but this is just my assumption. I hope it has picked up for you as it did for me, but very slowly. I still have my calendars almost clear continuously, which is something unusual. 

Rose. 

Like Rose, I just came across your post by accident and it's my first time posting on Airbnb Community. I am having exactly the same problem with no views and no bookings since October. I did checked everything and asked my friends and past guests to look up my listing and they can't find it except if they use filters until almost giving the description of my room.

Kristen you were wondering if your listing stopped appearing because you don't have a kitchen to be part of the Plus Category. I am in the Plus Category and actually thinking of maybe being removed from it. The Plus Category is mostly for boutique hotels, B&B and appartements where the Host doesn't exists and where the rules set by Airbnb are so stricte that you are not even allowed to change your photos.

I was told that the competition is increasing as more and more people are using the platform and priority is given to new comers to give them a chance to start. Which is a noble thought but unfair on the hosts that have worked really hard to be where they are and now can't get some benefits from the fruits of their hard labour.

Is Airbnb platform getting too big!!!

Same problem in Rome and in Italy with Plus apartments,  bookings are stopped. Airbnb is getting too big, but it doesn't respect who made it so big. 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Here i Thailand Im thinking Airbnb bubble has burst we are almost 50% down this year on bookings fortunately we have got bookings from other sites and a couple of good direct bookings.

I have been looking at other listings in my area we can look at their calendars they dont have many other bookings we also have a condo where I can see other owners advertising on airbnb and their calendars dont look too healthy.

On another island I also looked to see if they where doing any better I saw this 2 bedroom bungalow on the beach for less than $10 per night they only have 6 days booked in Dec then nothing until next March and this is High season for us so on the face of it we are not doing to bad, Dont rely on Airbnb for all your business try out other platforms regardless of what other people might say about them if any of you guys need to help send me a message,