Host Stories Contest 2016! *Now Closed*

Stories
Level 3
San Francisco, CA

Host Stories Contest 2016! *Now Closed*

[Updated] Launched back in November at Airbnb Open 2016, the Host Stories Contest is now closed. Thank you for all your amazing submissions, we look forward to announcing the winners soon!

To view the Contest overview see below: 

DETAILS

Share your story starting November 17, 2016. The contest deadline for submissions will be December 16th, 2016.

Submit stories or read stories. Learn more about the contest rules attached. Stories must have a minimum of 200 words and must contain a title.

*Updated: If possible, please include two photos with your entry (this is not a requirement for submission).

PRIZES

One 1st prize of $12,000 USD

One 2nd prize of $8,000 USD

One 3rd prize of $5,000 USD

SELECTING WINNERS

Winners will be selected based on the originality and creativity of the story submitted as well as the spirit of the submission in the way it relates to hospitality, social impact and experiences on Airbnb?

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.  Open only to attendees, 18 or older, registered as a host user of Airbnb at the time of participation.  Skill contest.  Judges’ decisions determine winners.  Entry deadline 11:59:59 p.m. San Francisco time on 12/16/2016.  Submitted stories may be used by Airbnb for promotional purposes.  Additional terms apply.   See Official Rules below.

FAQs

Q: How many times can I submit a story?

A:  Please only submit one story.

Q: Can I edit my story submission?

A: You may not edit your story after submission.

Q: Is there a limit to the number of photos I can upload or video link submissions?

A: Not at this time. We look forward to what you have to share!

Still have questions? Feel free to post your questions in this thread and we will try to get them answered as soon as we can!

For full rules, see contest rules attached below.

Good luck!

172 Replies 172

Elena:

you have to log in (upper right corner) before you can use theform to submit

Mohd-Shamsuri0
Level 2
Langkawi, Malaysia

Dear Lizie,

My Name is Norhayti ***, from Langkawi, Kedah Malaysia.

This is the first time I participate in the competition. I have been tring to post my stories but cannot get thru.

Can you help me please

Thanks & best regards always,

Yati

[Personal information]

Trevor26
Level 7
Big Bend National Park, TX

Hi there, 

I submitted a story a couple of days ago, but am not seeing it on the "read stories' page. Is there any way to confirm that my story was submitted correctly?

Thanks for giving us a way to share our homes and stories. 

-Trevor

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Trevor26,

Yes, your story was received last week. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Dear Lizzie

We were wondering if you saw our message?    Here it is again --- 

Dear Lizzie

Apologies in advance, but we couldn't be sure if our submission went through and redid it since it seemed to have timed out the first time.   If your team happens to see a duplicate from us, sorry!  Not sure if you might be able to check this from your end?

Also, hope you can see our content for the 'Share A Little About Yourself' field since it seemed frozen in yellow highlight, and we can't be sure the text inserted properly upon submission.  If you could let us know, that would be terrific.   Thank you and Cheers,  Laura and Bob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Laura-And-Bob0,

Thanks for submitting a story. Yes, I can confirm your story 'An unforgettable Halloween Weekend...' reached the team. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Mohd-Shamsuri0
Level 2
Langkawi, Malaysia

Dear Lizie,

Could you please verify that my stories have received..I did not received any mail but after posting, there is message stating 

success and my stories will be review.

Thanks & best regards always

Yati 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Mohd-Shamsuri0,

Yes, just to confirm your story did get submitted. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

CJ-And-Jack0
Level 2
Sevierville, TN

I submitted a story the day before the deadline closed. I see many have had trouble submitting - Is  it possible to confirm that it got there?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @CJ-And-Jack0,

Aw yes, I actually replied to your message earlier in this thread. You story entry was received, safe and sound. 🙂

Happy Holidays!

Lizzie

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who submitted stories for the 2016 contest. Submission has now closed! 🙂

We will keep you updated on this here in the Community Center and the winners will be announced in the New Year.

Have a very happy holiday period, wherever you are.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Anna433
Level 2
Fort Collins, CO

Hello! Curious when the winners will be notified for the Airbnb Story contest? And when the winners will be announced to the public? There was a typo in the rules sheet about this, so curious what the real date is? Thanks!

Just wondering when the winners will be announced?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Anna433 and @Kathleen98,

Great to see you are keen to hear the winners, so am I!

The team are still working on this, however I have spoke with them and they have said they are all on track and the winners will be announced shortly, therefore the wait shouldn't be too much longer. I will keep you posted. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you very much for the update Lizzie..

Really looking forward to hear the winners.

Best Regards Always,

Yati