Is AirBnB anti-Semitc?

Theron5
Level 1
Berkeley, CA

Is AirBnB anti-Semitc?

They just banned Jewish people from hosting in East Jerusalem.  

29 Replies 29
Sergio598
Level 1
Miami, FL

Airbnb blacklists Jewish apartments in Judea and Samaria – not Palestinian apartments, not apartments in Turkish occupied Cyprus, not in Moroccan occupied Sahara, not in Tibet or the Crimea.
“Airbnb’s policy is the very definition of antisemitism. No one should use its services

Niraj2
Level 2
Liverpool, United Kingdom

have you please got some information to back up these claims? i would be really interested in finding out if this is true.

I asked Airbnb directly. They have refused to answer my question. Their silence says it all.

Paul347
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

Could you possibly inform me as to exactly how many Palestinian apartments there are in the illegally Israeli occupied settlements? As far as I can tell, they are occupied 99.9% with Jewish Israeli people who are fully aware of the implications of making their home there, despite the occupation being regarded as 'An affront to International law' by the UN International court of Justice.

Israel is the LEGAL occupant of all the land between the Jordan and the Mediterranean according to international law since 1920 and the Mandate for Palestine. Israel liberated Judea and Samaria from JORDAN in 1967, and the one time since then that the issue actually came before a non-Israeli court, the court threw out the so-called "Palestinian" plaintiffs' complaints entirely, reaffirming Israel's legal occupancy of the land. Read it yourself, and stop the Jewhating lies, @Paul0http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/20111

Jenny603
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

AirBnb requires owners and hosts to sign a lengthy list stating that we will not discriminate for ANY reason, however they exhibit the worst form of discrimination - corporate discrimination.  They do not seem to mind profiting in  Chinese occupied Tibet.  They do not discriminate in Cuba, where human rights are withheld and torture is condoned.  Why doesn't AirBnb focus on bans where sex tourism proliferates?  (80% of most in the sex trade industry are women). Why does AirBnb discriminate against WOMEN?   -- Easy to see where this starts and leads.

I recommend that all hosts change their property Titles to illustrate, to the public, that we as Hosts do not condone nor approve of AirBnb's outright discrimination. 

"One of the ways we’re fighting discrimination is through unconscious bias training. To help our members understand discrimination and the biases that cause it, we’ve created this toolkit exploring bias and other factors that influence people’s decisions, even without their knowledge. "

The above is a quote from your website. I am not Jewish. I have been to Israel once in my life. I know that Arabs in Israel are far better treated than Arabs in most of the surrounding Middle East countries. They can vote, they live in a democracy. Their standards of living are far higher.

I cannot understand what gave Airbnb the right to act like this. Until I hear that you have reversed your decision I will be encouraging my friends to boycott Airbnb.

Israel is the only democracy in the region and is the one country, where everyone is treated equally and well. This ban is the direct result of mindless, leftist parroted talking points taking over within the community "in the know". 

This type of thinking has been prevalent in the community of people who have control Airbnb and who have 'right think' for quite some time. We are quite right to attempt to counter them in any way we can, as their narrative does not represent reality. 

Allan130
Level 2
New York, NY

No other disputed territory has been treated similar. This is stock standard anti Semitic. Airbnb refuses to respond to my questions. I want to leave Airbnb but have two outstanding bookings. Any suggestions?

@Allan130, we all have to keep standing up for what we feel is right and correct. This is obviously a travesty and we need to continue to contact Airbnb and post our feelings here. Those, who speak the loudest win, unfortunately, and a lie repeated over and over becomes truth, as is obvious in the situation in question. 

Keep up the good work! 

David2564
Level 1
Nahariyya, Israel

I had five years and 80+ guests as a airbnb host. A great run. They choose, at this point, in time to side with the enemies of the State of Israel. I am going to Homestays.com. There are other platforms. 

In their statement Airbnb refers to a "range of experts" they consulted with. I have written them many times asking for a list of these "experts". No response. Who did they speak to? Why are they unwilling to release the names of their"experts"? 

David Mozes

I just deleted my account.  I will not participate in this barbaric Nazi behavior.  The actions taken by AIRBNB are ONLY against Jews.

I will use any competitor in the future.

Simon-And-Yolly0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Well done AirBnb! 

There is no place in the modern world for Israel's apartheid racist policies.   

Settlements are illegal under international law so making money out of an illegal enterprise is also illegal. 

Don't profit from Palestinian misery and Israeli land theft.  

Quick question: How many Israeli Arabs (i.e. non-Jews) live in these wreched settlements?  Answer: ZERO.

Israel is the LEGAL occupant of all the land west of the Jordan according to international law. This has been the case ever since the Ottoman Empire was dismembered and the Jewish national home was established IN ALL OF PALESTINE. Jordan seized Judea and Samaria in 1948, ethincally cleansed out all the Jews, and destroyed all the synagogues, but Israel liberated it in 1967. Since then, there has been only one non-Israeli court to rule on the matter of Israel's "occupation", and in that case, Israel's legal sovereignty was reaffirmed and the so-called "Palestinians" were tossed out on their ears. Airbnb is a JEWHATING organization. Read it yourself: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/20111