Airbnb 2022 Summer Release: What you need to know

Airbnb
Official Account

Airbnb 2022 Summer Release: What you need to know

Our 2022 Summer Release represents the biggest change to Airbnb in a decade. We’re introducing:

• Airbnb Categories: A new way to search that makes it easy for guests to discover millions of homes they never knew existed

• Split Stays: An innovative feature that pairs two listings when a guest searches for a longer stay

• AirCover: The most comprehensive protection in travel, included for free with every stay

Get all the details on the Resource Center, and tell us: Will you be updating your listing for Airbnb Categories and Split Stays? How will you update it?

1,048 Replies 1,048
Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 19.59.29.png

@Susan1188 

😂🤣🤪

Annie
Silvia-And-Greg1
Level 2
San Miguel de Cozumel, Mexico

We have been on your platform since 2012 and have hundreds of 5-star reviews. It is a shame that the traveler can no longer see that fact. Now the places with only one review rank as well as we do. Optimize titles can no longer be seen and how do we get added to a category? This new summer 2022 upgrade is terrible and our bookings have come to a screeching halt. Stingray Villa.jpg

I feel your pain, I apparently I don't deserve the "amazing view" or the "beachfront" category.

104 view towards marbella hacienda playa.jpg100 table calle neptune.jpg

Fran2
Level 10
Launceston, Australia

A bungalow across the road from popular beaches, one of about 6 along our road, now only one shows up, the most expensive ! Weird that!! Thank goodness it’s coming in to winter now in Australia and hopefully this fracas will be sorted out by our summer. 

Jeremy785
Level 8
Newtown, CT

Glad to see (or sad to see?) that I am not the only one who sees all of the flaws with this great new search feature. I noticed right away that our lake house didn't come up in the "lake" category or the "lakefront" category. That is the main draw for our listing! Then i noticed that there wasn't a single "lake" or "lakefront" that came up in the entire state of CT! Countless calls and messages with so-called support have accomplished absolutely nothing. They send me screen shots saying "look we found your listing", but it's when the look for my house in the "all listings" category! Thanks for nothing! They have supposedly upgraded me to a higher ranking support person, but she hasn't been in contact in 2 days after she said she'd look into it. 

James3181
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

I would like to point out that in half the world - half!  It is not Summer. It is Winter! 

@James3181 

☀️❄️❤️

Annie
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@James3181,

I hear you.  Winter is high season for me.  When are you coming over?

fools

Marc823
Level 3
Cocoa Beach, FL

The Categories feature definitely is not working properly yet. I'm on an island, at a beach, in the East coast surfing capital, yet myself and HUNDREDS of other listings in our area do not show up if you select Beach or Surfing, we just disappear off the map! And this is only in a 2 miles stretch of our beach, I can't imagine we are the only ones this is happening to. This needs to be addressed ASAP @Airbnb because we don't show up using something Airbnb is pushing guests to use with big buttons at the top of the page and press releases.  

Airbnb trusts us to tell everything about our listing, where we are, how many it sleeps, etc, and should trust us to tell our guests that we are in certain Categories or suffer the bad review if we do it wrong if this is going to be a "big new feature."

Helen609
Level 6
Polperro, United Kingdom

This whole thing is a complete **bleep** up

Please answer why my carefully thought out title has disappeared. I now can't differentiate myself from other properties.

Please answer why random dates are shown with each property forcing people to try to delete those dates themselves to look at general availability. 

When are you going to solve the issue that there is no category for shepherds huts any more if you search in a specific place ( Cornwall or Polperro in my case)

Why can you not revert to the old system while you mend the new?

I have had one night booked in the last month since you removed shepherds huts from the Unique Stays function.

This is absolute rubbish and I am losing money.

Jerry250
Level 7
England, United Kingdom

@Emilie  A specific data point for feedback .

If you search by 'category' for a week in Norfolk (UK) for 10 guests in June, July, August (peak holiday season) using 'beaches' you'll get hardly any results for Norfolk.

Norfolk has some amazing beaches including 6 Blue Flag quality beaches.

But the Airbnb machine learning algorithm would rather send you to Essex, Suffolk, Kent (or even as far away as Belgium if you search for 4 guests!) to find a 'beach'. Not so handy if you wanted a beach holiday in Norfolk as you originally searched.

But change your category to 'Surfing' and all the amazing Norfolk beach properties turn up Including ours).

Where do you surf? Yes, you guessed it, at the 'beach'. As a host I know the families who book us via Airbnb are looking for beach holidays, not surfing holidays. 

It would really help hosts (and Airbnb who earn from hosts) if you looked at switching 'surfin' back to beach. Surfers know they go to the beach to surf.

I hope this specific feedback helps. I have live chatted with a helpful agent who has also 'noted' my concerns.

Great point @Jerry250 - "surfers know they go to the beach to surf" - but beachgoers don't know they have to go surfing to go the beach 😂

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Jerry250 That's very detailed, really appreciate you coming back with some more examples for us. I've shared this on my end with the Product team, thanks again!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines