Airbnb 2022 Summer Release: What you need to know

Airbnb
Official Account

Airbnb 2022 Summer Release: What you need to know

Our 2022 Summer Release represents the biggest change to Airbnb in a decade. We’re introducing:

• Airbnb Categories: A new way to search that makes it easy for guests to discover millions of homes they never knew existed

• Split Stays: An innovative feature that pairs two listings when a guest searches for a longer stay

• AirCover: The most comprehensive protection in travel, included for free with every stay

Get all the details on the Resource Center, and tell us: Will you be updating your listing for Airbnb Categories and Split Stays? How will you update it?

1,048 Replies 1,048
Angela2820
Level 3
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Hi Victoria!

It’s frustrating isn’t it. Our place on the lake near you isn’t showing up for ‘lakes’ or ‘lakefront’! I couldn’t see any properties in our nature reserve showing up for either of these categories but I probably searched at a time you are booked up. I just kept getting directed towards properties in Ireland…!

Kris105
Level 6
New York, NY

@Airbnb  my listing keeps on being changed to cottage instead of villa 

I have a beachfront villa right on the beach! And it does not appear in the beachfront list 

please help why does the system override it back to cottage evrytime 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi all,

I wanted to come back on some additional information I have gotten from the product team on Split stays and why it seems listings that are large distances apart are showing up on search. 

Split Stays are only shown if there are less than 300 listings within a specific geography. If there is no available listings within that search radius, the map will pull out until finds a listing that can be split with that chosen length of stay which is why we get some of broad distances (which we are by no means saying is a regular expectation for guest give the thumbs up to!)

Thanks again for all your valid and well constructive feedback,

Stephanie

@Huma0 @Anonymous 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Jade333
Level 2
Bozeman, MT

I like the idea of search results but there seems to be more categories then are listed. I’ve also ran into this with “views”. We have 2 places located in a downtown location. They aren’t in a high rise condo (which don’t exist here) so city views don’t apply but we are in  a highly desirable area of downtown Bozeman MT. So would you consider adding downtown to the categories? 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Jade333 Thanks for the suggestion! The team is planning on looking at Host feedback as they will add more Categories, so I've shared your idea with them.

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Nancy1633
Level 10
Hoboken, NJ

Why is Airbnb hawking WEEKS in 2023 when I still need to book SUMMER 2022????  Your new booking is a MESS!  My guests are not booking in 2023! They're booking weekend getaways- in 2022.  Please REINSTATE the old system of picking dates from the calendar showing the host's nightly rate, NOT WEEKS NEXT YEAR. Puh-leaze! You've over-complicated and confused a once simple booking process for guests, put confusing information on listings, removed Host's Titles! I am sure this will hurt business for other hosts as well.  You're catering to a handful of people who want to book a treehouse, shivving the vast majority bread and butter listings like mine.  

Mine too! I don't allow bookings beyond six months in advance, so now it gives those weird 2023 dates, along with a warning that states "These dates not available." When you click on the calendar, its still on 2023 with all the dates marked out. You have to arrow all the way back to 2022 manually.

Did the interns design this AI? Is it something the CEO asked for that the UI team really couldn't deliver?

I saw a sudden plunge in bookings. I should be busy coming up! 

Air is now claiming I have no availability until late November! When I have mid-weeks from late June and weekends (3 days, so does not conform to Air definition) from late August. 

Nobody but nobody will come here in late November. Rain, cold, wind, storms, no events, nothing. November is my worst month. 

This is so stupid. 

Can you elaborate on what you mean and what search you are using to get these results. I am trying to gather as much data as I can to understand what they are doing/trying to do so we can give pointed feedback. Thanks!

Morgan471
Level 2
Lehi, UT

Is landscaping considered when determining the Design category? The landscaping for my listing was designed by one of the top designers in our state; it would be nice to have that featured. 

Jillian178
Level 1
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom

Can we switch it off if we don't wand this? I am worried that it will encourage groups/parties when I am not set up or even want groups. I have 4 properties listed and it could turn into a nightmare for us. Not convinced this will be for us. Its a bit presumptuous of AirBnB to do this I think without asking the hosts permission. 

Jillian178
Level 1
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom

Not at all happy, I have a significant drop in bookings, now I know why, time to ditch you AirBnB this is not helping my properties.

Andrew1435
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

We are in a National Park. If you search for the category National Park, we aren't included and other properties not in National Parks were included in this category. I asked CS why and how to get our property into the correct National Park category, and the suggestion was to lower our rates! I do not see why the AI cannot tell whether a property is in a National Park or not since Airbnb know where are properties are. And isn't advertising properties as being in National Parks when they aren't false advertising and illegal however beautiful and rural the properties may be...

In the SW of England, approx 95% of properties listed under national parks are not in national parks.

Lower your rates? Did they explain how this would get you included? That doesn’t make sense. There are some pretty expensive places included in the categories that my 4 listings should be in.