100 views and no bookings…

Marta1757
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

100 views and no bookings…

Hi everyone! 
We’re new to hosting and have put our beautiful home up for holiday rental - lots of views but no bookings. 
What are we doing wrong?

We’ve tried lowering the price and think it’s reasonable considering we can host eight people.

Is there a way to crack the algorithm?

Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Marta

6 Replies 6

Hi @Marta1757 

I would turn off the "Experienced First Guest" restriction you have on your listing. This prevents many guests from actually booking if they don't have at least 3 Airbnb trips in the area of your listing. I would still not turn on instant book so you can require the guests to send a request to book so you can check their reviews and ask questions:

Experienced Guests Only

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3320#section-heading-1-0

Joan2709_0-1720966362595.png

Joan2709_1-1720966487338.png

To turn off this setting:

Click on your profile picture

Click on Account

Click on "Your first guest", then click "Any Airbnb guest"

That’s a really good point - thanks so much Joan!! Done.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Marta1757, welcome to our community 😊

There are many great suggestions from our Hosts in this thread ✌️. If you find any of their answers particularly useful, please don't hesitate to mark it as the best answer. You can do this by clicking the button below the comment as shown in the following image:

Paula_0-1721065452108.png

All the best.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Did you check supply and demand for your sort of listing in your location before setting up your listing @Marta1757 

I would imagine many looking for a villa with pool summer holiday would have booked some time ago.

be patient if you have an in demand quality property bookings will come 

Marta1757
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Helen, thanks so much for your reply. I did and I saw a fair few booked already… I was hoping to come in and be an offer for last-minute bookers. Having said that, I’m also seeing a lot of last minute cancellations across the Algarve. It’s maybe not the best year for some, and people are looking for the lower season. Fingers crossed, anyway ☺️ thanks again!

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Marta1757 You're not necessarily doing anything wrong. The hospitality industry is all about supply and demand. Don't lower your price too much- it attracts bottom feeders, who are generally not good guests. 

A couple of suggestions:

Use the captions feature with your photos. It helps guests understand which room they're looking at and how the house flows. 

What you might want to do with the Annex, is set your price for 6 guests, and charge after that per guest for up to 8, so that the cost of opening the Annex is covered. I think that's better than refunding a small amount if it's not needed, but be absolutely clear in the listing about what the set-up is. Guests tend not to read very well, and then blame hosts for their "misunderstanding."

By charging for 6, that opens the market to you a bit more. Some might not want to pay the price for 8 with a smaller group. Get it? 

You may want to confirm this in your welcome message (which most hosts use). You can confirm their guest count and then confirm that they will or won't need the Annex. 

Your place is gorgeous. Good luck!