Account is locked for unknown reasons

Answered!

Account is locked for unknown reasons

Hi everyone,

I spent half a day, working with different helpers and trying to figure out why I’m not allowed to edit my profile, and why my listing keeps disappearing.

After tried all solutions, my account is locked.

Anyone knows what to do next?

Thank you in advance.

Quinn

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Quinn59 

Your listing is live because I was able to simulate a booking at a very reasonable price since your base rate is low and you are also offering a discount!  This is probably the one Airbnb suggests for the first three guests?

Very few pictures and no description but that's probably what you're trying to work on.  But it's definitely there for anyone to book.

Have you checked the legal side of STR's for your area?  Is that a possible reason why your account is blocked?

Have you tried using both the phone app and your computer?  Reboot?

Wish I could be more helpful but hopefully it's just a bug..

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Quinn59 

Your listing is live because I was able to simulate a booking at a very reasonable price since your base rate is low and you are also offering a discount!  This is probably the one Airbnb suggests for the first three guests?

Very few pictures and no description but that's probably what you're trying to work on.  But it's definitely there for anyone to book.

Have you checked the legal side of STR's for your area?  Is that a possible reason why your account is blocked?

Have you tried using both the phone app and your computer?  Reboot?

Wish I could be more helpful but hopefully it's just a bug..

Joëlle

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

@Bhumika 

Looks like someone else on the CC is having difficulty accessing their account - hope you don't mind I tagged you to see if you can also help @Quinn59 😊

Good morning Joelle,

Thank you for your constant endeavour to perform CPR on my account.

Playing peek-a-boo with the system is over exciting, while receiving kindness of strangers is overwhelming. 🤣

I owe you a nice bottle of wine.

Talk soon,

Quinn

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Quinn59 ,

Just like Joelle, even I am able to see your listing and check the calendar availability.

Although it seems you have already gotten in touch with the Support team regarding it, I am also sharing it with them from my side. It may potentially be an account security issue. But not sure.

In case I receive any updates, I will get back to you. And if not, I am sure, someone from the support team will reach out to you to share further information.

Thanks, @Joelle43 for tagging me on this and being so kind and helpful towards our fellow Community members. Highly appreciate it🌻!!!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Good morning Bhumika,

Thank you for your kind response in relation to my mysterious account, undoubtably that people like you and Joëlle make Airbnb possible.

I have decided to take a time out, just to protect myself from falling in love with some community members…

Wherever you are, have a wonderful weekend.

Quinn