Advice Needed for Advertising to New Airbnb Listing

Advice Needed for Advertising to New Airbnb Listing

I hope you're all doing well! I recently launched my brand new Airbnb listing in Brazos Valley, Texas. I want to point out that it's a college town, so it relies heavily on Texas A&M University and its events, especially the football season, which is fast approaching. I'm excited to start welcoming guests; however, I'm looking for some advice on how to effectively advertise my property and attract more traffic to my listing.

For those of you who have experience with a new listing, what strategies did you find most successful? Are there specific platforms or techniques you recommend for getting more visibility? Additionally, any tips on optimizing my listing to stand out in search results would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help! 😀

3 Replies 3
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Liliana-And-Jordano0 

Not a football guru haha.

I suggest an Airbnb glitch check your amenities, it says no essentials.

Your descriptions are very short enhance them using a free tool liken Chatgpt.  I would plug in items about kid friendly and about spacious if 2 couples sharing.

Give people guidebooks that help them know where are the games where tu eat and where the grocery store is located  DFings on location is usually just the guest just couldn't figure it out quick.

It doesn't appear you have discounts at the moment. .You could adjust pricing and set a rule for last minute which can have a minimum days too apply and an arraezar bird discount if they book now for football season.  We all love sales.

I would change your title up maybe spacious family retreat near football stadium.  As a Guest if I am planning to see my son play that tells me stop and look.

Thank you for your feedback @Marie8425 , Marie! You provided us with very important insights and advice that we hadn't even considered. Your suggestions will help us improve our service and ensure a better experience for our future guests. We truly appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

@Liliana-And-Jordano0 

Great advice from @Marie8425 

Amenities

Don't forget to add the notes on each amenity as shown by the little pencil icon to the right in the list. You're still missing alot of the edits that are available. You have chosen private back yard, but missing out showing fully fenced (if it is). This is important to guests with children:

Joan2709_0-1722954389315.png

Add WiFi Speed to Listing

Test your Wi-Fi speed by logging onto your network in the Listing. Go to Airbnb App to Amenities list under WiFi. Follow the directions to add the speed test. You'll get a special callout on the listing. If your WiFi speed isn't that great, I wouldn't do this:

Joan2709_0-1722956765935.png

Add a Drip Coffee Maker

If you advertise for 10 guests, they'll all most likely like morning coffee at the same time. With only a Keurig, that could be problematic. Add a 12-cup coffee maker. Doesn't need to be a fancy one (Mr. Coffee is fine). They are very inexpensive and believe me your guests will thank you 😊

Photo Captions On Every Photo

Add captions to every photo. Many times guests will look at your photos and not your description. Let the photos and captions tell the story about your home.

Photos of All Amenities

You mention a fire pit and washer/dryer but I don't see any photos on the listing? Be sure you have photos of all your amenities. Have an active fire in the fire pit when you take the photo at twilight. I would add some string lights to the backyard fence and turn those on when taking the photo again. Maybe add some string lights to the tree?

Cover Photo

Reshoot this photo at twilight. Wait until your pathway lights come on. Turn on all the lights inside/outside. Open the curtains inside. Reshoot and make this your cover photo. Exterior twilight photos do very well:

Joan2709_1-1722954981165.png

Wish you lots of success!