Advice on my new space

Dana1582
Level 2
Pensacola, FL

Advice on my new space

Paula_0-1723233489997.jpeg

I'm a new host in Beulah and would appreciate if someone would review my site to see if I need to add anything. Thanks in advance!

[Content updated by OCM]

5 Replies 5
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Dana1582 

You have a Guest Suite so don't use the label room your listing is more than a room   I think others have said they use the term en suite because not a separate apartment but not a bedroom only.  

Add to your description especially house rules about off limits areas, visitors, quiet hours.

If the air mattress is intended for a child additional guest rather than an adult I would mention that information.

Emphasis in the description private living room and kitchenette facilities'.

Then speak to your market wht choose you?  Easy access for business for sightseeing.

Close to good restaurants so don't  need a full kitchen.  Full kitchens mean work cooking and cleaning but tell me why your a good place if I don't want chores. Great for couples to see what? On a budget friendly private en suite.

Thanks @Marie8425 

Your suggestions are super helpful. I wanted to change the room to suite, but I couldn't figure out how to change it on the set up process. I like the term ensuite & will definitely use it. I'll go back and see if I can change it, as well as list 2 adults & 1 child and the other things you suggested.

I appreciate your time and encouragement!

Blessings,

Dana

@Dana1582 

I didn't read  the details but if you search I know I seen some posts that said to change from the room category the host had to update their listing but Airbnb had to do something also.

First though just access your listing and on  that first page category is displayed so you can see if wrong category or just your heading and title need to be corrected so everything in sync.

Rose422
Level 8
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hi Dana, 

Beautiful listing and congrats on getting started. You have a gorgeous place and yet for some reason I am confused whether these are two rooms in a shared house or just the entire place. I believe you have ensuite listed in the description as well as in the title that makes an impression as if this is a shared space in a large house. I would say avoid using guest suites and guest rooms or en-suites to avoid confusion. I believe this is the entire place.

Description says Spacious & Charming 2 Room Ensuite w/ Pool Access yet the listing says one bedroom. 

If this is a private room you are advertising, does your room have a lock on the door? If not, I would suggest installing one as a matter of priority. Guests love privacy and security among other things. It would also be helpful if you could mention who they will be sharing the home with, if you are living in one of the en-suite and renting out the other, or two separate guests will be using the house staying in two separate en-suites. I would say clarity is important when you first start. Pictures are amazing and you did a great job decorating etc. 

I would also suggest that you change the one liner in your bio from  " I will bend over backwards to make my guests comfortable!" to "I will go above and beyond to ..." that would be more professional in my opinion. 

Rose

I used to rent out one en-suite room in a two bed two bath home, I would say if you use 2B2B as two bedroom two bathroom and in the description you say both bedrooms have a private attached bathroom, that would be better. Believe it or not, some people would be clueless what an ensuite is, sometimes it can't be translated in other languages properly, private attached bathroom is the way to go and also mention who the other private room is used by if they are sharing the other spaces with you or someone else. Airbnb travelers are called guests anyways so if you use guest suite it won't be much help. Hope this helps.