Ambiguity of Host parking options

Tim3904
Level 3
Portsmouth, United Kingdom

Ambiguity of Host parking options

As a host we love to highlight that we have free parking - this is street parking and we make a point of detailing this on all listings very clearly. 

However - there is a good deal of confusion on the airbnb site for hosts. Under the insights section within the website, the system will prompt highlight any free parking - this lists a single option of "listings that have free parking on the street OR on the premises"

Because one of these options is true, we tick the box and then this populates within the listing, listings that have free parking on the street AND free parking on the premises as two distinct amenities. 

If I remove the premises option - then the listing is no longer searchable by free parking, and insights spurs us to highlight free parking again and around we go....

I have repeatedly spoken to Airbnb about this and always tell me it is fine with both options as long as clearly detailing the street parking within the listing, they also seem to define on premises as "immediate area", so by this definition of having both would appear accurate. 

It seems to me though that we as hosts need more options here, to avoid grey areas and be as transparent as possible with guests. I am truthfully answering the option that Airbnb offer, and want to be searchable and highlight the free parking on street that we do have but it doesnt seem very clear to Guests in my opinion.  

parking.jpg

2 Replies 2
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Tim3904 

I understand your problem. I would rather then not tick it, because your risk is that guests may assume the parking is on the premises and it's very likely to show up as bad reviews (over which you had no control) at some point in future. I think it would be better to rather not appear in search results for guests who use the parking filter. Hopefully many people search with the filter off anyway, manage to find your place, and arrive without a misconception about the parking.

Tim3904
Level 3
Portsmouth, United Kingdom

@Shelley159Thank you very much for your comments and I do agree this would be safest. That being said, a large number of our guests do search on parking. Being in middle of a city, no parking would a critical problem. I am reassured by airbnb again and again that its fine - touch-wood, we've had thousands of guests and never been any kind of problem, its just irksome that there isn't a better solution. There must be people who do offer both, but most im sure would be one or the other.