Availability Settings - Allowed Reservation Past my Settings

Linnea-Or-David0
Level 5
Ochre Beach, Canada

Availability Settings - Allowed Reservation Past my Settings

So I have one house broken into two separate listings. Both of the listings are set to 3 months availability.  To my surprise, last night I received an instant booking for March 2023!!!

I've contacted support and they are being ZERO help.  They've said I can cancel, which I really don't need to... But I don't want any more this far in advance! All they did was send me instructions how to chance the settings, but they are already set! I've tried changing it and then changing it back to see it that would fix it. Nope. 

Just received another message saying that because there's a booking I can't use the 3 month setting. What??? I'll have to manually block off future dates now. 

Can someone help me out here? What is going on...

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Linnea-Or-David0 

Your listings with nr 640780381676555952 shows dates are available until 6 sept, which is according the 3 months availablilty window.

The other listing shows dates are available until 1 november. As 23,24,25 sept and 31 oktober are blocked, it seems you have manually configured dates outside the availability window.

It seems both listings are about the same house.

Maybe calenders need to be linked also ?

Linking-calendars-for-multiple-listings

Yes, I've actually gone in and manually changed them all to unavailable because I don't want any more bookings that far in advance. I do have both calendars linked.  I just made the 2 bedroom listing and had no problem with the 3 month availability setting. It's just the 4 bedroom listing that seems to be the trouble.

Looking at it more and if I'm understanding the support person, because I have a booking past the 3 months you can't select '3 month availability'.  So for instance you had your calendar open and someone booked 6 months from now. Then you realize you'd rather not have it open that far in advance, you can't change it to 3 because of that one booking.  I thought that it would just change all unbooked dates after 3 months as unavailable... But nope, you have to do it all manually. Lesson learned.