Best way to host a Tiny home

Best way to host a Tiny home

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 15.28.49.png

I have a tiny house in which booking has not been doing well, I would like some advice.

🏡 View on AirbnbTiny home in West Palm Beach · ★4.75 · 2 bedrooms · 3 beds · 1 bathroom

5 Replies 5

Hi @Yeli109 ,

Attracting guests to your Airbnb listings involves a combination of effective marketing, competitive pricing, excellent guest experiences, and leveraging the strengths of your properties. Here are some strategic tips and solutions to help boost your room bookings:

1. Optimize Your Listings

High-Quality Photos: Ensure your listings have high-resolution, well-lit photos that showcase the best features of each room and common areas.

Detailed Descriptions: Provide thorough, accurate descriptions of your space. Highlight unique amenities and any special touches you provide.

Update Regularly: Keep your listing information up-to-date, especially regarding availability, amenities, and any improvements.

2. Enhance Guest Experience

Fast Response Rate: Respond promptly to inquiries and reservation requests to increase your chances of booking.

Personal Touch: Consider adding personal touches like a welcome note, a small gift, or local recommendations to enhance the guest experience.

Amenities: Ensure your space includes essential amenities along with pleasant surprises like high-speed Wi-Fi, streaming services, and gourmet coffee. Additionally, consider providing items that guests might enjoy during their stay, such as board games and quality cookware.

3. Competitive Pricing Strategy

Dynamic Pricing: Use tools like PriceLabs, Wheelhouse, or Airbnb’s own pricing tool to adjust prices based on demand, seasonality, and local events.

Special Offers: Consider offering discounts for longer stays or last-minute bookings to attract more guests.

Transparent Pricing: Avoid hidden charges; ensure all fees are clear in your listing to prevent surprises that could deter potential guests.

4. Increase Visibility Through Marketing

Social Media: Utilize platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to showcase your property. Post attractive photos, share guest reviews, and highlight local attractions.

SEO for Airbnb: Optimize your listing titles and descriptions with relevant keywords that potential guests might use when searching for a place to stay in your area.

Local Partnerships: Collaborate with local businesses like cafes, restaurants, and tour operators to offer special packages or promotions.

5. Leverage Reviews

Encourage Reviews: Prompt guests to leave a review after their stay. High ratings and positive reviews can significantly boost your listing’s visibility and attractiveness.

Respond to Reviews: Respond professionally to all reviews, thanking guests for positive feedback and addressing any negative comments gracefully.

6. Utilize Airbnb Tools

Instant Book: Enable Instant Book to allow guests to book your place without prior approvals, making it easier and faster for interested parties to secure a reservation.

Superhost Status: Aim to achieve and maintain Airbnb Superhost status, which can greatly increase your listing's visibility and appeal.

7. Offer Experiences

Airbnb Experiences: Consider creating an Airbnb Experience related to your property. This could be a cooking class, a guided tour, or any unique local activity that might attract guests to your property.

8. Direct Bookings

Create a Website: For long-term success, consider building your own branded website where guests can book directly with you, bypassing platform fees and allowing for direct marketing.

By implementing these strategies, you can increase the visibility of your listings, attract more guests, and ultimately, boost your bookings. Each strategy will vary in effectiveness depending on your specific location, type of property, and target market, so it’s important to adapt and refine tactics as you learn what works best for your situation.

I hope you find this information useful!

All the best,
Upfish management

If your tiny house bookings are struggling, optimize your online listing with high-quality photos and targeted descriptions to appeal to specific guest interests. Consider offering promotions and unique amenities to attract more bookings. Encouraging positive guest reviews and leveraging social media for promotion can also help boost visibility and bookings effectively.

Hi @Yeli109 

Luv your place! Took a quick look at your listing and have a few suggestions. I have worked with another Host in preparing their tiny home for listing on Airbnb. Be aware that it seems the tiny home "movement" is starting to wane a bit in some areas. Guests seem to prefer tiny homes that are stand alone in the mountains, or right on the beach vs. on the property of the Host. 

Number of Guests

You list the property for 5 guests? That is probably too many for a tiny home; especially since you don't have a deck or patio outside. Although looks like you have 2 queen beds in the loft, I would stick with 4 guests max.

Addl Guest Fees

Potential guests do not like to see addl fees. I notice you charge an addl guest fee after 2 guests? I would remove the addl guest fees and increase the nightly rate slightly. Since you're listing for 5 guests, it is a big turnoff to see the price per night jump up after 2 guests. I would stick with 4 guests max and get rid of the addl guest fees.

Composting Toilet

While more and more people are becoming aware of composting toilets, it is still an issue with some guests (your most recent guest mentioned it in their review). You do disclose it in Other Details, but most guests won't see that. Looks like you have instant book on? I would use the pre-booking message to advise guests of your composting toilet, so they can decide before they book if that is a deal breaker. Better for them not to book, than leave a negative review because they didn't read the description and were surprised by a composting toilet. Try something like this in the pre-booking message (if you're not already using it):

Joan2709_1-1720101446919.png

Something like:

"The tiny house is equipped with an eco-friendly, composting toilet that does not use any water (non-flushing). It’s easy to use (we provide instructions) and is meticulously cleaned between each guest. We have all the other “on-grid” comforts (electrical, hot/cold water, Wi-Fi, etc.). If you aren’t comfortable with using a composting toilet, you may find another property more suitable."

Captions on Photos

Put captions on all you're photos! Photos tell the story of your property visually and guests need to know what they are looking at. 

Host Lives On Property?

Looks like you live on the property? You should disclose this in Other Details section and indicate all shared spaces like driveway, yard, etc. This is also a place to indicate some spaces are shared under Guest Safety Section.

Amenities

Outdoor space

Tiny homes need good outdoor space for guests like a deck or hard surface area (inside is a bit too cramped for the 5 guests you have on your listing). Most tiny home listings work hard to increase the usable outdoor space. You list for 5 guests but only have 2 camp chairs around your fire pit? I would improve your outdoor space. invest in some better outdoor furniture, add a deck or paved fire pit area and maybe add some string lights on the outside of the tiny house. Then add your new photos of the area to the listing.

Hammock?

You mention a hammock but I didn't see a photo of it? Maybe I missed it. Be sure you have photos of all amenities you offer. It should be a close up photo with maybe a pillow on the hammock with an open book so guests can envision themselves relaxing there. If you list for 5 guests, you should have at least 2 hammocks.

Parking

You're amenities list states guests need to pay for parking and only 1 space? Guests who are sharing the Host's driveway typically do not pay to park their vehicle. Also, consider if you're listing is for 5 guests, they might need at least 2 parking spaces.

Joan2709_0-1720100672283.png

Waterfront?

You mention waterfront under location features/amenities but don't really have any upclose photos or mention the name of it? Can guests access the water from your property? Is it a canal?, river?, stream?

Hand Soap?

One guest complained their was no hand soap? 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Yeli109 👋

I hope you don't mind, I added a link to your beautiful tiny little home and also added a photo in the hope more Hosts will give you some support! 

Have you seen the support from @Joan2709@Smith60 and @Alicia753 below? 😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Yeli109 

Some little things to  get you started.

I agree I  would  cut number of  guests to 4 not only less crowded for guests but as the host you aren't dealing with 5 irritated adults.. lol

Everyone loves a discount not an additional fee.  Airbnb gives you the ability   but don't get dangerous with your power.   You probably have markets of 2 and 4 people.  ! person  is highly unlikely, 3 is  a possibility.  I would determine my price for two people and 4 people if someone has 3 and asks for a discount  do a private decision you have the ability.

You have 2 large beds but in  1 room.   That is going to appeal to a couple willing to share a bedroom with  kids    It isn't  usual for two adult couples don't share a   bedroom.,,  but your an incredible find for a small family.  A kitchen and living space which keeps pleasant kids.  When II did kid friendly rentals in Hawaii, beach items  a cooler,  blow up toys, buckets shovels beach towels a little chair for mom a beach tote bag to carry junk and mom's love a beach blanket. haha

Compost toilet is just different.  So don't scare me on the first page about how you avoid smell or clean because I think why does it smell and if  he cleans  when I leave should I not stay to long?  None of your guests have said anything negative just different and confusing.  So give it a paragraph but in a positive light.  Something new.  Children will find interesting.  Lowers the hosts expenses and youur able to pass that savings to your guests.

Set up your fire pit for a  family  night..   Supply the makings for  smores sone marshmallow sticks and smores and children for a family  less expensive  camp chairs so they  can  relax will   be  nice..